Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Advice regarding knee pain  (Read 902 times)

Offline Helein

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Advice regarding knee pain
« on: February 17, 2005, 12:15:28 PM »
Hello everyone

I was in a road accident 1 month and 2 days ago and I have a compressed knee fracture.  I am on crutches and have a hinge cast with 90 percent mobility.  What I don't understand is that my knee is supposedly fractured on the right hand side.  However, the pain is all on the left handside, as is the most of the swelling.  I am afraid I haven't got much information as to exactly what has happened to my knee as I lose all my confidence when I see my Consultant at the hospital and can't seem to form the right questions.  If anyone can tell me why the pain is the opposite side I would appreciate it.  I am sure the doctors know what they are doing about but I lost faith when I was in A & E and they didn't even realised that I had broken my knee until I collasped when I put weight on it!!

Many thanks for your time.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Advice regarding knee pain
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 03:43:19 PM »
Hey !!

Why not call the doc where you were and ask now afterwards when your head is more clear ? You can write down questions to ask. Next time you have appointment bring someone with you or just ask if you can record what the doc says. I have done this and it's very helpful. Or try get you papers and help to read them.
Good luck !!

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support