Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Got the strangest call from my OS today....!update on how it went!  (Read 2363 times)

shadehawk

Re: Got the strangest call from my OS today....!update on how it went!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 12:18:21 AM »
BeKaH,

I think you are describing Orthotics for your shoes.  They will help keep your foot from rolling over while walking.  I also have flat feet and pronation.  Hopefully, the PT exercises for your hip muscles will give you some comfort.  Glad your OS at least is trying to help you - that is a good step in itself. 
Another opinion certainly would not hurt.  The more information you have about your problems and other methods of treating the pain could all help you.

Good luck,  ;)

Shade

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »
Sienna is right it's all tied together, hip and foot problems can cause knee problems,and knee problems can cause hip, back and other leg knee problems.  He has a plan and he might be on to something.  Although, getting another opinion can't hurt, it's never the wrong thing to do.  GOOD LUCK!

L O T S   of   H U G S   and   E N C O U R A G E M E N T coming your way ! ! ! !
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline canadianbacon97

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 07:07:52 AM »
Hey,

I couldn't agree more with rozzie and sienna, everything is connected... I have had knee problems on and off for years now but just before chiristmas my left knee got really swollen and sore for no reason at all. >:( The OS said it was pesanserine bursitis, aka breast-strokers knee (I swim on the masters team here at uni) and sent me to pt which cleared things up until I started swimming again. ::)  My PT and I had a brain-storming session and he checked my leg length. It turned out that my left leg was 1/2 inch shorter than the right because my hip was rotated. Apparently this is very common in runners because of the way the roads are sloped for drainage and in my case was probably the result of 5 years in the military and all the road marching we used to do. Once my legs were the same length, my knee cleared up and even my left shoulder that I blew out playing rugby stopped bothering me as much...  ;)

So it never hurts to look at other causes or get a second opinion on something. Out of the many PT's I have seen, this one was the first that even bothered to check my leg length, even the PT that fitted my orthotics didn't bother to check  :P

Best of luck finding some answers...

HUGS

Laura
Freedom is the ability not to care what the other person thinks...

doodlebugrr

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 07:17:06 PM »
Hey!

Thank you all VERY much!  ;D  ;)[/color]

Will someone check my age  ::) , lol, right now I feel more like 90 not 14  :-\
I have decided to keep my appointment with the OS to get a 3rd opinion and also my parents are making an appointment for me to see a chiropracter to make sure all that stuff is good ;) This probably sounds dumb, but it seems like I am just living from OS appointment to OS appointment.....not sure if that makes sense or not  ???  :-\  O yeah he also said my pelvis & mid-section is weak.....not quite sure what that means lol. He had me sqwat on one leg at a time & my left leg was kind of hard but not to bad & my right was horrible, he had me holding on to him & I like jerked him when I lost my balance & was falling ::) ,haha he made the funniest face.. to bad I ddint have my camera! ;D , then he was really surprised that I couldnt do that cause apparently most young people can  ??? ok now I am just rambling...lol, sorry about that! ;) :)

Thanx again every1!! ;) :D
~BeKaH~
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 12:21:39 AM by doodlebugrr »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 04:46:25 PM »
Hey Bekah !!

Nice to hear about the call/app with the OS. Ok, you might not believe in it, but at least agree that you need to start somewhere to find a solution which holds in the future so you can live a good life. This is a easy thing to start with cause it doesn't involve surgery. Ok, I know you are going to have to do a tough work to get there. But you are young Bekah !! I know you are going to make it. I hope this will be enough to correct your problems. I had orthotics when beeing little, I remember.

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support