Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: patella tendon feels as though its gonna bust  (Read 1061 times)

Offline kathleenj

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
patella tendon feels as though its gonna bust
« on: February 15, 2005, 05:14:08 PM »
I'm not really sure where to post this because I'm not really sure what the problem is.  I'm hoping someone here can help with some suggestions. 
I'm about 9 weeks out from my most recent surgery which was a loa/plica removal and chondroplasty.  I saw a new PT a few weeks ago and have seen some improvement with quad function but I seem to have hit a roadblock with any more progression.  Basically, the best way to describe it is that it feels like my patella tendon is going to rupture when I try to do any weight bearing strengthening.  For example, lunges, squats, step ups etc.  I still can not walk down the stairs normally no matter how hard I try.  And I swear my kneecap just seems to be pulled into the joint especially when my knee is bent, however, it moves freely in all directions.  I had some problems with my patellar tendon after my 1st surgery over a year ago...my OS put a portal right smack thru the center of the tendon in order to avoid an open procedure. My tendon has never really gotten back to normal, it seems thicker and less pliable as the 'good' one.  I'm not really sure what to think right now.  I was tetering with thoughts of baja but I have full ROM, my kneecap moves freely and the only real pain is when I try to do weight bearing exercises. 
I would appreciate anyones thoughts on what might be going on and any suggestions for exercises that might help.
Thanks,
Kathleen
right knee oats 12/03 scope autograft
right knee revision oats 6/04 open autograft
loa, plica excision, chondroplasty 12/04
synvisc 5/05
patellofemoral OA
patella baja

support