Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: stressed!!!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Tizzy953

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Go AZ D-Backs/Cardina ls
stressed!!!
« on: December 14, 2002, 09:17:58 PM »
Hi all,
I am supposed to have a TTT done on my left knee on 14 Jan.  I am actually excited about having this done because it will at least give me options once the rehab period is over.

But there is a very big piece to the puzzle missing.  There is a possibility that I won't be able to have the surgery.  No thanks to everthing that is going on in the Middle East.  There is a big question on if or when my unit gets order to deploy, the same with my surgeon.  If I get orders before the surgery date then I am probably going to have to cancel my surgery and the same if my surgeon (same unit as my husband as well) gets orders.  I can't get my surgery date moved up because he is in Alaska at the present time doing work up at the base up there and won't be back until after the New Year.  He is the only one at my post who can do the surgery and the only one I feel comfortable with.  He has done a surgery on my knee before.  

As of now I am still deployable but yesterday we did water aerobics for physical training, and while I was doing it my knee didn't hurt real bad, just twinge here and there.  But about an hour after I just wanted to curl into a ball and cry.  I can't take the stress of not knowing if and when we are going, the rumors around at work and the thought of not getting this done until other circumstances settle down.  I just really needed to vent and thank you for taking the time for reading this.  

Kenzie
11/93-R ankle recon; 10/94-L ankle recon, 2/96-R shoulder stabilization+3 screws, 2/97-dislocated jaw, 11/99- LR L knee, 5/02-diagonstic scope L knee, 1/14/03- TTT+LR L knee, 9/9/03-L knee hardware removal, cartilage cleanup

Iona_-Uk

Re: stressed!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 11:39:42 AM »
Hi Kenzie

Is there any personnel ranked higher than you who may be able to tell you if an when you are scheduled to go to the Mid east and when you OS is due to go?

If there isn't we'll all hope and pray that you get the surgery you need.

Iona

Offline Tizzy953

• Forum Faithful
  • Go AZ D-Backs/Cardina ls
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 06:48:23 PM »
Thanks Iona,

No, everyone around post is in a guessing game except for the post commander a 3 star general.  I just really needed to vent.  It is unknown territory for me and a lot of other younger officers.  I am just tired of it.  I wish they would tell us either way.

Thanks, hope all is well with everyone.

Kenzie
11/93-R ankle recon; 10/94-L ankle recon, 2/96-R shoulder stabilization+3 screws, 2/97-dislocated jaw, 11/99- LR L knee, 5/02-diagonstic scope L knee, 1/14/03- TTT+LR L knee, 9/9/03-L knee hardware removal, cartilage cleanup

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 106
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 09:00:06 PM »
We all seem so many pawns in this great game of global politics and globalisation. This little blue globe of ours is so unique - it is horrific to think of all the destruction going on in it from so many sides. And individuals like you, like all the rest of us, just want simple answers to the simple questions in our lives. A friend of mine wrote a song some time ago called 'Peace on Earth' which has a line something like - 'and let the people of all nations lift their voices to the universe and say a prayer for peace on earth'.  Wouldn't it be wonderful?

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline wriggley

• Regular Poster
  • Bad Spellers of the World Untie!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2002, 01:43:22 AM »
hi tiz

i know what you mean about all this middle east. i think i understand better than most i ways deployed during the conflict in the balkans and after i hurt my knee thats where my physio was sent.  Sometimes being military really sux.  If you need someone to rant at that speaks the lingo give me a shout.  My only recommendation is to do what i did, schedule an appt with your PMO and talk to him/her frankly tell how much of a pain the ass things are and hope for a good response.

your buddy

wriggley (ex-weapons engineering artificer)
Paraplegic(inc. L5) due to a spinal cord bleed along with previous knee and hypermobility problems