Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Bad Luck. . . Car Accident  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Heather_K.

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Bad Luck. . . Car Accident
« on: December 14, 2002, 08:48:26 AM »
Hi Everyone,
 I wanted to update you on what happened to me on Thursday, day before Friday the 13th, oddly enough, but I have to make this quick,  I can't sit up for long.
  I was involved in a major car accident, I got hit, in my SUV from the back left side, which sent me into a spin which I could not control and I ended up spinning 1.5 times and then crashing head on into another car going the opposite direction, and that car got pushed into another car. I was horroriffied and I knew I had injuries, I was shaking and a witness came up and held my neck, turned the car off and called 911. The police, fire department and paramedics came, thank God I was conscious so I could tell them no latex( I have a serious respiratory allergy, which could kill me). They put a C collar on me and put me on a back board and transported me to the hospital. I had to go through 3 hours of xrays and a catscan to clear me of any fractures. I have pretty severe whiplash in my neck and back, badly sprained right knee and the left knee which is only a little over one month postop from the TTT, the incision split open from the impact, just one day after the sutures came out. My mom saw the car today, there is talk about totallying it, but I sure hope they don't do that. There is a big scrape in the back, but I have no front of a car, the bumper and grill are on the ground, there is no electricity at all and the radiator is shot. This has been a terrifying experience for me, not to mention upsetting about the right knee subluxing and tearing the left knee incision up, and being in a collar for the next week or so. My regular OS met me at the hospital, and I will see him again on Tuesday for a checkup. Just want to let you all know what happened.
Heather
rt: lateral. release, chondroplasty, TTT+ LR, MPFL recon.+scar tissue removed Left: TTT+LR, revision with new screws + 8 ankle surgeries =Total of 30 surgeries, MRSA infect. with muscle/skin graft surgery. Surgeries 10 RT knee, 12 LefT knee, 8 Left ankle. message/email me for info/advice on TTT's. .

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • G'Day from Australia
Re: Bad Luck. . . Car Accident
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 09:00:29 AM »
Oh HEather,
I am SO sorry to hear of the accident and am very glad it wasn't worse (it was well and truly to bad as it was). I guess gettiing around is next to impossible now with 2 injured knees not to mention your neck and back (OUCH). Remember we are thinking of you and sending you healing thoughts and wishes. Try to stya well and happy (or as happy as you can be under the situation).
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 115
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Bad Luck. . . Car Accident
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2002, 01:03:28 PM »
I am gutted to hear this - I do hope that you make a full recovery.  Trusty computer gone to the hospital with you??  Keep in touch.

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

support