Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Nervous..scared...and curious  (Read 820 times)

Offline Jollijude

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Nervous..scared...and curious
« on: February 12, 2005, 01:58:41 AM »
Hi I am new to this forum so please forgive me if I goof up.  I am 3 months post on LTKR.  I have sharp knee pain in small area on inside part of leg right below knee cap on side.  (I do not know parts of knee...sorry).  My OS did  not take this complaint serious last month.  See him again on the 17th and believe me...he will listen this time as I have got myself so worked up about it.  As for other recoveries I think I am doing pretty good.  I cannot stand too long though it feels like a 50 lb bowling ball...hopefully this  will get better.  Since I have been fairly inactive, and have lots of time to think I Have fallen into a deep depression and think the worst of the worst.  Anyone know what this pain could be?  Thanks much.  Jollijude

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Nervous..scared...and curious
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 02:08:29 AM »
Welcome to KNEEgeeks! Sorry you had to join our little crew!

Sorry I can't help you with your pain, but I can tell you that depression is a common occurence. Can you get out to socialize or just call friends up to talk? Watch funny movies, read a very good book. Anything you enjoy to occupy your mind. Being with people and having fun I find is the best way to overcome the blues. Force yourself even if you don't initially want to go out, think positive and you'll have a good time and the depression will lift some.

We are good listners, so when you need to vent we're here.

Sending you a B U N C H of B I G H U G S
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline ProfLiebstrom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • fin
Re: Nervous..scared...and curious
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 06:09:05 PM »
Ah I know how you feel about the OS.

My knee pain was first put down to growing pains 5 years ago! I guess a lot of the time resting a bit does solve most so they just say that. Hope you get everything sorted!