Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: .  (Read 2408 times)

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« on: February 11, 2005, 04:09:31 AM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 07:59:41 AM by anasta5ia »
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: Now another thing to deal with!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 04:24:56 AM »
(((Heather)))

I'm so sorry to hear about this! It's terrible that at the first ER they didn't even take chest x-rays even though you were telling them that it hurt when you took a breath! You've been through more than enough lately and I know that you didn't need this on top of it all. I'm just hoping that you're feeling better really soon and that all of those antibiotics do their job. Feel better and know that I'm thinking of you!

(((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline coyote

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
    • www.cardsblossom.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 05:20:20 PM »
Wow Heather!!!

Hopefully by now you are breathing  a little easier.  Reading your experience brought back some painful memories as I too had pneumonia in the 80's - terrfying pain. Humm..... a comparision... pneumonia, childbirth, or recovering from TTT- which is worse?  I think the TTT, because it lasted longer than the rest.  I had forgotten about the lung pain - did it feel like your ribs were piercing your lung? that is what I remembered= with every breath.

Do you think you got the bug from the lab? That sure is a scary thought. Thank goodness it wasn't meningitis.

Here's to a speedy recovery,

Cheers, Cheryl
In full recovery!, (with a touch of arthritis during climate changes...)

Cheryl

Osgood Slaughter RK  12 yrs old
Lateral release LK 25 yrs old followed by 5 years in knee heaven
years of pain, naprosin and falls
moderate osteoarthirtis, subluxation
TTO , LK,  11/08/04

shadehawk

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 06:47:15 PM »
Heather,

OMG, that is just terrible - hard to believe that the ER sent you home.   Hope that you are more comfortable now and the medications are beginning to work.  Good luck and hope you feel much better by tomorrow.

Hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 07:57:31 PM »
Hey Heather !!

Poor you..when is it going to end ? Right now, I hope.
Glad though it wasn't meningitis. Take care of you and let every person who can take care of you do so and really spoil you, you need that.

Hugs my friend !!

nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 02:25:24 PM »
Heather,

So sorry to hear about your ordeal with the doctors and that you are not feeling well.  Get lots of rest and I hope that you feel better really soon!  Take care of yourself!

Casey
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 08:19:24 PM »
Hey Heather!
Wow thats alot of stuff to deal with. I know sometimes it seems everything just adds up and every little thing stresses you out eh? I hope you feel 98759847735 times better ;D!! I know first hand what it is like to be sent home from the hospital simply with the 'flu' or something when there is actually something wrong with you. Playing hockey two years ago, I slipped but got hit at the same time, the hit made my helmet fall off and I landed and hit my head. I blacked out for a few minutes and we went to the hospital. Dispite the massvie welt on my head, they said it was just a simple 'bump' and to go home and rest. Later that night I started having convulsions and throwing up and what not, so my frantic mother called the ambulance. They were in TOTAL shock that the ER had sent me home. After having a CT scan, they realize that I actually had a pretty good concussion and drifted in and out of concuiousness for the next couple of days. Just goes to show you can never be too sure, and trust you gut. Hope all is well with you now,
Krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 11:07:46 PM »
My dearest Heather

I am soooo sorry to hear what you have been through.  When you were saying all your symptoms I must admit that I started to think of meningitis, with the sore throat, stiff neck and the pain of bright lights.  When I was in the ER at my local hospital, they thought that I might have had this.  They tried to do a lumbar puncture on me 5 times.  I can remember I was in sooo much pain that I was shouting the ward down.  I don't think anyone got any sleep.  In the end the dr gave up.  I can't recall whether it was a senior SHO or what, but they were useless.  I was in soooo much pain, my back has never been the same.  I said to my papa to have a look at my back and he was amazed to see so many holes where they have attempted to do this procedure.  I was black and blue for approximately a month.

I really do hate ER's especially when they are so laxed at doing things properly.  They are supposed to be professionals too.  That is why I was determined on Friday night to go to the hospital.  I knew that I didn't have a DVT.  Well, not in both legs at the same time.  That would have been some bad luck.

I hope that you will be feeling better soon, especially with the amount of anti-biotics you are having.  Make sure that you eat some live yoghurt or some acidopholous so that you don't end up with thrush - God forbid!  That would be the last nail in the coffin.

My mom was ill and the dr told her that there wasn't much wrong with her.  She ended up with double pneumonia and apparently there are 3 strains, of which these are A, B and C.  A and B can be treated with anti-biotics.  Strain C, your own body's defense mechanism has to fight for itself.  My mom had a 50/50 chance of survival.  The ER did not pick this up until she was nearly on her death bed. 

I really hate ERs that have no responsibility or care for their patients.

I pray for a speedy recovery on your part.  May God give you the time to allow yourself to feel better without anything else going wrong with you.  It seems like it has been a bad year for you and me alike.  We must have some good luck soon.  The only good luck I have is having such wonderful parents and also being able to come on here and get the support that I truly and gratefully need.

My love to you always... Lizzie xx
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 06:43:56 AM »
Hey Heather !!

How are you doing today ? Hope you feel better.
Sending you hugs !!

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 06:03:18 AM »
sorry heather..sounds like another tuff one..sending u big hugs..take care of yourself and i will keep u in my prayers and lite a candle for u..

hugs

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues