Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hopefully My Last Knee Surgery Feb. 11th  (Read 2566 times)

Offline streamwalker

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hopefully My Last Knee Surgery Feb. 11th
« on: February 08, 2005, 11:53:20 AM »
During my first scope the OS knocked over the surgical table. Saline hoses ( I THINK & HOPE) broke. Fluids spilled everywhere.  The nurses were screaming" OH MY God". Then I heard my
OS's VOICE  shout "Shut that Da**  thing off !" ( A Tape of my surgery was running)  Rather than repair my torn menicus, my OS cut it out; but informed me the next day; he sutured it, and
 SAVED it.!   As for the ACL he was replacing, it kinda forked at one end....split by fibrous  scar tissue. He then used a titanium bolt to screw down my loose MCL. ...and in the process severed
 my Saphenous Nerve.
I would have not known any of the stated problems as initially my OS stated all went fine. Four
 days after my surgery;  THE VIDEO TAPE of my surgery was automatically given to me by his
 office staff. ( Standard Procedure)  When I questioned him about the broken hoses, screaming nurses, & tape; HE WAS SHOCKED.
.. I was given it.  When  I questioned him about saving my meniscus as he previously stated,
he threw up his hands and said he forgot.

The surgical report confirmed he cut the meniscus off. ..
.Well that was five years ago...And seven surgeries later....Several pieces of unknown plastic have since been removed?? And tons of scar tissue.
 I don't known what else happened on that first local knee surgery; except for the horrific pain that's persisted.

..I'm flying into Denver, then driving to Vail this Wednesday....FEB. 9th..scheduled for surgery
 the 11th with Dr. Steadman. ....The pain, The Drugs, the travel, the money,  the..Wait.....

I"M READY...

Thank You for your time, thoughts and Help.
 Ric
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 12:54:13 PM by streamwalker »
ACL Recon, MCL Repair, 3 Medial & Lateral meniscus repairs, 4 scar tissue removals, all in R. knee

shadehawk

Re: Hopefully My Last Knee Surgery Feb. 11th
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 12:11:27 PM »
Hey Ric, none of this stuff should ever happen.  Sorry that all this happened to you.  From what I have heard on this site - you are going to one of the best now. 

Let us know how everything goes.

GOOD LUCK ON FEB. 11.....SENDING GOOD VIBES.......SENDING HUGS
Hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 04:03:07 PM »
Ric, You have endured so much because of such a poor(and that's being exceptionally kind to say poor) surgeon!!  I have my fingers crossed and I’m saying a prayer that all will go well and this indeed will be your last surgery.

Sending you a BIG BUNCH of HUGs Grab One when you need a HUG.
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline jace

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:56:39 PM »
OMG!  I just can't believe that happened to you.  I am sending BIG HUGS your way Ric.  Please take care and you will be in my thoughts.

Julie
miniscus repair 87
cartilage repair 89
lat release 91
dislocated knee ALWAYS!
TTT 12/16/04 failed due to contaminated equip. but not before incision was made. ARRGGHH!
TTT recheduled for 1/25/04

Offline ZUPERMAN71

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • eat my knees
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 09:20:35 PM »
During my first scope the OS knocked over the surgical table. Saline hoses ( I THINK & HOPE) broke. Fluids spilled everywhere.  The nurses were screaming" OH MY God". Then I heard my
OS's VOICE  shout "Shut that Da**  thing off !" ( A Tape of my surgery was running)  Rather than repair my torn menicus, my OS cut it out; but informed me the next day; he sutured it, and
 SAVED it.!   As for the ACL he was replacing, it kinda forked at one end....split by fibrous  scar tissue. He then used a titanium bolt to screw down my loose MCL. ...and in the process severed
 my Saphenous Nerve.
I would have not known any of the stated problems as initially my OS stated all went fine. Four
 days after my surgery;  THE VIDEO TAPE of my surgery was automatically given to me by his
 office staff. ( Standard Procedure)  When I questioned him about the broken hoses, screaming nurses, & tape; HE WAS SHOCKED.
.. I was given it.  When  I questioned him about saving my meniscus as he previously stated,
he threw up his hands and said he forgot.

The surgical report confirmed he cut the meniscus off. ..
.Well that was five years ago...And seven surgeries later....Several pieces of unknown plastic have since been removed?? And tons of scar tissue.
 I don't known what else happened on that first local knee surgery; except for the horrific pain that's persisted.

..I'm flying into Denver, then driving to Vail this Wednesday....FEB. 9th..scheduled for surgery
 the 11th with Dr. Steadman. ....The pain, The Drugs, the travel, the money,  the..Wait.....

I"M READY...

Thank You for your time, thoughts and Help.
 Ric
good luck ric hope all goes well

Offline streamwalker

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 12:51:04 PM »
I'm on my way first thing this morning.  Just want to thank you guys for your words of encouragement..  Shadehawk, rozzie, Jace, and  Zuperman71.
 With Heartfelt Regards,
 Ric ;)
ACL Recon, MCL Repair, 3 Medial & Lateral meniscus repairs, 4 scar tissue removals, all in R. knee