Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Three months post-Synvisc  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Athena

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Three months post-Synvisc
« on: February 01, 2005, 10:40:34 PM »
I had a series of 3 syvisc in R knee in Oct, and it's still so much better! It was so bad from osteo. before that it hurt a lot all the time, and whenever I was out I'd have to cut short my errands and go home. I asked my ortho not to use lidocaine with it, because I've had it before, it gives me a rapid heart rate and I don't like the feeling. The injection itself was no more discomfort to me than a flu shot, much less than a lab blood draw. It started gradually feeling better right away and by Nov and Dec I could do as many errands as I wanted with minimal discomfort, and no pain at rest at all. I never had any swelling or bruising. So, from reading about other experiences on the board I guess I was lucky.
It is kind of ironic, because now what was my "bad" knee had to become my "good" knee, because I just found out that the sudden pain in my L knee came from  a lot of torn cartilege in the L knee - but that's for another section.
Osteoarthritis both knees and shoulders. Had Synvisc (Hyalgan) in R. knee-it helped for 3 mos. Had L. knee scoped for lots of torn cartilege - feels better. Thinking about getting R. knee scoped.

Offline cjd72

• Regular Poster
  • Hello Nurse!
Re: Three months post-Synvisc
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 12:32:45 AM »
Hi Athena,
I have the same problem with heart racing from allergies to epinephrine that is used in many local anesthetics, just ask your doctor not to use anything with adrenalin in it...that'll clear up the heart racing problem.

Glad to hear you are doing well with the Synvisc.  8)

Chris
11/28/97 - Fall from 24ft landed on my knees, Broken Femur, femorial nail
11/12/98 - Femorial nail removed
12/13/04 - OA in both knees, both tri-compartmental degeneration

Offline stefanie

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Three months post-Synvisc
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:08:41 AM »
That is awesome that the synvisc injections are working so well for you!!  My first round did wonders for me as well.  Hope you continue to do so well.  Keep us posted......

~Stefanie  :)
89 scope left knee, 89 scope right knee, 90 remove hardware, bilateral synvisc x3 rounds, '04 acl recon, chondroplasty & notchplasty, Grade 4 chondromalacia, 7/04 pkr right, 10/04 pkr left.

support