Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: This is really strange,,,,,,,,,need advise ro thoughts  (Read 789 times)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
This is really strange,,,,,,,,,need advise ro thoughts
« on: February 06, 2005, 02:46:44 PM »
Hey guys, weird question here. I have been having throbbing pain at nite in an odd area. The pain is directly on top of the impact spot where my knee hit the dash 4 yrs ago. (that was the accident that started all this lovely fun). It is below the knee on the medial side. I still dont know how hitting my knee there created the chondral defect but the bruise itself was an inch or so lower than the kneecap. Why after 4 years would I be getting throbbing pain in that spot? I know that there is nerve and blood vessel damage because it is mostly numb and has color changes but would that create pain later on? This is new so I have never asked OS about it.
suggestions?
thanks
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: This is really strange,,,,,,,,,need advise ro thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 02:58:36 PM »
Hey Missy !!

Are you sure you haven't hit this area again why doing something ? Cause if the spot feels numb you won't feel if you hit it ? I've damaged both my legs several times ( I have lost of sense in both) and after that have had bruises or bleeding but don't know when this happened. It can also be a nerve issue, when maybe damaged nerve have grew back and you starting to feel pain again. Nerves take their own way and find new ways when they are damaged. Just some thoughts.
Anyway I hope this is a good thing.

hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 03:09:26 PM »
HI Nettan, That spot is numb but there are no bruises right now so I assume that I have not hit it. would nerves take 4 yrs to grow back? They can stay dead if they are going to hurt LOL.

I hope it is a good thing too but it is just odd,,, has never happened since the original accident .

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline marilyn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 11:04:14 PM »
My thought is maybe it is a little arthritis setting in. I broke my right kneecap in high school and after many, many years had pain episodes in that location, now that I am 68 I really have some pain and trouble and need a total knee replacement (not that this will happen to you!). My main thought here is that old injuries can flare up from time to time years after the initial injury.My husband broke his ankle many years ago and now that he is older that is where arthritis is settling in. The weather has a lot todo with it, ask yourself if it has been suddenly cold or damp where you are. If it is arthritis, be glad it is that and not something worse, arthritis can come and go for years and years before it gets serious. Marilyn