Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: thanks to all, update  (Read 947 times)

Offline stevenissan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
thanks to all, update
« on: February 06, 2005, 01:22:11 PM »
I wanted to thank everybody who responded to my post several weeks ago. I was in shock and in tears. I never had so many people be so nice to me. I will try to recipricate any words of encouragement I can give. Anyway, heres a little update about whats been going on with me. I have been trying accupuncture for a week now. Don't let anybody tell you it doesn't hurt! :o I can't say it's done anything yet except aggravate it. My pain management doctor didn't think it would help with the type of nerve damage I have, being the infra patella nerve. I thought I'd give it a try though. Thats a good thing about being in my situation, what do I have to lose? In reply to some of you're questions, My pain management doctors keep me well medicated, with a present dose of 120 750mg. of vicodin a month and lidocaine patches. I wish I didn't have to have any of this but I can't function without. It takes the edge off. Yes, I am taking legal action. It is very difficult to sue for malpractice. I found the largest and most respected law firm in
phila. that strictly does malpractice suits. They don't take a lot of cases, but they have taken mine. It is in the process of review. If this is positive, the case will then be sent to two independent doctors. If they confirm that there was negligence, I can then get a certificate of merit and file the suit. Not easy! I received my medical records from last year, which ars literally as thick as a phone book. As I'm looking through them, I feel sick to my stomach. I hope I will get some justice someday. Thanks again to all my new freinds. Steve
2 chondral graft surg.on left knee  2003, 2004 attempted knee replacement 2/04 close to dying from infection in knee 2/04 tkr in 5/04 Manipulation in 6/04 meniscus tear surg on right knee 7/04.

shadehawk

Re: thanks to all, update
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 01:38:59 PM »
Steve,

I am glad to be hearing that you are getting some pain relief.  Sorry that the acupuncture did not work out as expected, but at least you have tried.  The patches are taking the edge off your pain, that is at least something.

It is just so horrible what you have had to endure - it is hard enough to have the knee pain to begin with let alone to have surgery make things way worse than things were to begin with.   

Hopefully things will work out for you medically as well as legally.

Good luck,  ;)

Shade

support