Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Cheer up everyone:)  (Read 1212 times)

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
Cheer up everyone:)
« on: January 30, 2005, 03:54:19 PM »
Hi everyone, I know how frusterated many of us get with knee problems. I have been only dealing with a torn ACL for about 5 months now..I cant even imagine all the people who have been doing it for years!. Somedays I feel extremly down on myslef and very very frusterated. I play provincial level soccer (the highest before National) and having a bum knee is a huge setback for me. I try to remmeber that Go does everything for a reason though, and maybe this stroy will cheer you guys up :)

In July of this past summer, I was invited to play for another team because they were short players that weekend. The night beore leaving, I was playing with my own team and my knee cap dislocated and cracked off the lower part of my thigh bone. Needless to say I was in a full leg cast for about 2 months. I was extremly dissapointed that I had to miss this soccer tournament with the new team...but on they way there, the bus flipped and two girls died. I am thankful that I was not on the bus that day. That really opened my eyes to be thankful for what I DO have and what i CAN do.

Hope you enjoyed it, Id love to hear if any other people have stories like this!
**krista**
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline imnotpunk

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • stupid knee!
Re: Cheer up everyone:)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »
Wow, you just never know what curveballs life may throw you, eh? That's so scary, I'm really sorry to hear about the team's bus flipping over, that must have been so awful. Life really works in mysterious ways though, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing that story, you're completely right; sometimes we are overwhelmed with our knee pain and problems but the honest to God truth of the matter is that at least we're alive and breathing and we should be thankful for what we DO have. Puts things into perspective.

Best wishes,
Patricia :)
R knee:
08/03-meniscal repair, LR
01/04-MUA, LOA
03/04-MUA
08/04-patellar tendon reconstruct. w/hamstring, menisci repairs, lateral/medial releases
10/04-MUA, LOA, debride., marsupialization, lateral release
12/04-MUA, LOA, meniscectomy
L knee:
09/05-meniscectomy, chondroplasty, microfracture

Offline Beauzer

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I want to become the person my dog thinks I am
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »
Thanks Krista,

Sometimes we get so focused on our knees that we forget to see the big picture.  We're not the only ones out there with problems.  Things happen for a reason.

Stay positive
Danielle
32 - R knee gone to hell
lat. meniscus 94
ACL, chondroplasty 98
Chondroplasty 99
Screw fell out into joint, med. meniscus, microfracture 99
MCL/med. capsule recon, med. meniscus 00
Chondroplasty 04
Chrondroplasty 1/05
OATS 4/05 for OCD lesion
AVN, MFC fracture 10/05

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 03:08:52 PM »
Hey Krista !!

Thanks for sharing your story. I don't think there's a meaning with all which happens to us, but I do believe we all can find a meaning in things which happens.Situations like yours and mine and many others here makes us think and stop for a while and look around. We often run through life longing for that or that every day but when we have time to think why long for everything ? Better live day by day and take care of every moment. Also a bad moment can bring something good, maybe not now but later.Without my accidents I hadn't find everyone here !!
Take care Krista and make something good out of the bad.

hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Gab

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Boston, USA
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »
Seriously, I also believe that some things happen for a reason. A month before I blew my knee, I ditched the girl I was dating and I sort of did in this a**hole sort of way (I'm still not very proud of it..) and to this day I'm still convinced that blowing my ACL was Karma getting back at me  :o Then the injury, disability, surgery, having to rely on others for basic needs, pretty much the entire 'experience' has been very humbling for me..
April 14th, 2004: Floor hockey accident, complete ACL tear (left knee).
June 11th, 2004: ACL reconstruction, patellar tendon autograft.
January 21st, 2005: Cyclops Lesion removal

Offline hondacrazy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • I REALLY Knee'd to get back playing soccer!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 02:15:52 PM »
Hey Krista! One of my teammates tore her ACL and was back playing 6 months after recon surgery - so dont worry too much about it!! (Dont ya just hate it when they say girls knees are too weak to be playing football!!) >:(
Claire :-)
Torn & blistered cartilage in Right knee - 2 scopes Apr & Sept 04
Cortizone injection Dec 04 (RK) Jan 05 (LK)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 12:04:10 PM »
That's a powerful story, and i'm sure you are super happy you weren't on that bus, even though it's still awful that those other two girls were killed .

Thanks for sharing... I think sometimes we let all this stuff pile up on us and it's hard to see out from under the pile of junk!!!  My Dad has been really interesting lately and everday when he comes home from work he asks me what went good today. He'll sit and listen if I need to tell him about a PT appointment or some new pain or what have you, but he always wants me to tell him atleast one good thing.. kind of like  a verbal gratitude journal. ;D

Thanks for sharing that story, guess we should all be a little more thankful for the time we do have

Hugs

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?