Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Broken Patella  (Read 737 times)

Offline CHRIS2009

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Broken Patella
« on: February 02, 2005, 05:18:34 AM »
Hi i am a 20/m last friday i broke my patella and had to go in that same day for surgery .. They inserted sum wire and titanium screws to put it back together... Ive never sustained an injury like this before and i must say the pain is intesnse,,, I have a few questions was wondering if anyone knew.,.. 1st off when i got outta surgery  they put on my knee sum pad type dressings then a fabric type wrap then a ace bandange and a brace on top of that.....i cant move my leg hardly at all but when it moves a little in the brace it feels like my whole knee cap is moving when it moves and im constantly tryin to adjust it...is that normal? also they said not to take the brqace or coverings off but i accidentally spilled a big bowl of water on it tryin to hobble on my crutches.. so i sat on my couch took off the brace.. unwrapped everything slowly to dry it..and when i was about to wrap it back up..i like kinda jumped/twitched from trying to move it..it hurt a bit.. anyways when i did i felt sum kinda of wierd feeling in my knee..kinda like a pop but not quite..it didnt hurt at all..and i had barely moved my knee maybe an inch of a bend at max... should i be worried? it felt similar to a knuckle cracking but lighter ....but as i said it didnt hurt at all and it didnt make a sound it was like a body feeling i got almost as if sumthin slipped in and out... should i be worried? its been 5 days since my surgery and im down to taking simple advil..pain isnt so intense ...i have an appointment in 2 days with my surgeon..should i mention this to him?

also how long is the healing time..say till i should be able to drive again or even walk around without crutches..and is the healing process painfull or is it over?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 05:21:25 AM by CHRIS2009 »

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: Broken Patella
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:10:04 PM »
Sorry you had to join the "knee geeks"! Try going down further on the board to "Bone Breaks Around the Knee." There are a lot threads there from people dealing with patella fractures. I'm sure they can answer your questions, and you can read their posts to see what may lie ahead for you. Good luck.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline NIFFTYJULIE

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • hi my name is  JULIE
Re: Broken Patella
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:26:47 PM »
Well fristly belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY and to answer your question to weather you should mention it to the doctor is yes you should.Well at least I think you should tell them about the sensations.Also I agree with  Janet read some of the posts They have helpped me.

Good luck hope you get on the mend soon.

Nifftyjulie
m name is julie and i love animals music and game's and i wouldnt be with out my pc.

support