Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New Pain,1 month wait to see Dr.  (Read 768 times)

Offline NattyGann

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
New Pain,1 month wait to see Dr.
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:53:56 AM »
I am new to the board and I need some help.  I called today to get into see my Dr. and the first available they had was March 1st.  I had a knee scope done on my knee 4 months ago and about three days ago started having sharp pain in my knee cap.  It feels like a nail is being driven through it.  It is about a 7 on pain scale.  It consumes me when it happens.  I cant function.  It is not all the time but is the majority of the day and I dont know what to do.  I maxed my ibuprophen, and am taking all the supplements I should be and nothing is helping.  It even wakes me up in the night.  I know that you can relate and I need to know if I should call and insist on being seen or what.  I cant wait a month with pain like this.  Help me please.

Nathalie
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
Re: New Pain,1 month wait to see Dr.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:10:24 AM »
Hey there!

welcome to kneegeeks!  sorry ya have to join our group...but we try to have fun around here as well. :P  i know what you feel like about the nail driving in your knee.  ive had that same feeling.  during the scope, what did your OS find/do?? i know if you want to stay with your OS and all but if you are in this much pain and have to wait THAT long for the appt. i would go see your GP or find another OS to go to just this once to see if you can find some kind of relief or get some answers.  you shouldnt have to wait this long to get some help.  i noticed that you are in Minneapolis.  I'm in minnesota as well.  there are a LOAD of OS's down there!  if you dont mind me asking, who are you seeing??  you can just IM me here if you prefer.  i was looking at an os down there but found another one closer to home. 

hope some of this made sense...let me know how youre doing
~Mandy
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 06:36:57 AM »
Hey !!

As Mandy says try get other painmeds now when you are waiting. But if the the pain get worse and you really can't handle it, then you have only one thing to do and that is to go to the ER. Often they can't help you more then with the most emergency, but maybe you at least can be painless for a short while.
I hope you can get help soon.

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

ib1981

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 09:42:10 AM »
1 month!?

I'm in the UK and had to wait nearly 3 years for my op!

support