Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: February 16 - OS Appointment  (Read 2713 times)

shadehawk

February 16 - OS Appointment
« on: January 27, 2005, 02:03:34 AM »
Appointment Feb. 16, 2005 - Found new OS - Will drive to Ottawa, Ontario (12 hr drive).  I am scared and excited at the same time.  Hope all works out & the OS will have some options to relieve the pain, whether it is different braces, exercises or surgery. 

Just want a good thorough assessment and treatment.  Will let you know how it goes. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 12:25:09 AM by leah »

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: February OS Appointment
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 04:29:34 AM »
GREAT!   ;D

I was worried, but knew you would perceiver. :D

Wishing you the best, I hope this OS has something to offer you.

HUGs
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

shadehawk

Re: February 16 - OS Appointment
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:50:45 AM »
Thanks Rozzzie, I appreciate that.  It will be a long trip, but hopefully well worth the drive.

Thanks for the support!

Hugs  ;)

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 08:42:27 PM »
Hi Shadehawk, or should I say FA & TT Twin!!  ;)

I trust that you have planned your trip and made sure that you take all that you need in the way of items for your comfort, pain killers and monotony!  Make sure that you get enogh breaks along the way of that 12 hour journey.

I expect that you will have a list of questions that you will want to ask.  Don't forget them, or forget to ask them, although I feel as though I know that you are not that kind of person.  If you have any research papers, take them.  Make this OS aware that you are someone who is aware of their condition and that you don't want to be bullied.  I have read too many times on here of OS visits. 

I would turn your fear around into as much positive energy as possible.  Negative energy will always drain.

I hope that I have not been too bossy in my post - I only want the best for my twin!

Good luck - I will be thinking of you.

Love ... Lizzie x

Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

shadehawk

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 09:32:52 PM »
Thanks for the advise Lizzie, my FA & TT Twin.

I am much more positive, only a little apprehensive.  I have done the research and have sent my history to the Dr. and he even e-mailed me back.  That surprised me.  We will take breaks along the way, my hubby is becoming an old pro with my knees now.  He is even fixing up a kind of stool with a pillow fixed on top so my legs will be up during the trip. 

About asking questions, that certainly will be my intent as that has been the concern so far.  The people that I have seen so far always say wait and see and we'll talk, but then send a letter to GP and that is it - end of story. 

Thanks to everyone here on this site, I feel more prepared and also willing to listen to any options that may be suggested.  I realize that there is much more than surgery that can be offered to a patient with bad knees and I am anxious to hear what a knee expert will suggest. 

I will definately let you know what I find out FA & TT Twin & thanks for all your support.

Hugs  ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 01:33:44 PM by Shadehawk »

Offline jace

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 09:52:39 PM »
WOW!  What a long drive.  But I am sure it will be worth it.  Just try and stretch your muscles at rest stops as much as you can.  Take it easy on the trip, you can always play liscense plate bingo to keep you from going nutty on the drive.  My boys love to see how many blue or red cars they can count in ten minutes.  Of course the 5 year old gets to a certain number and startrs making up numbers from there. :P  Let us know how it goes.

Julie
miniscus repair 87
cartilage repair 89
lat release 91
dislocated knee ALWAYS!
TTT 12/16/04 failed due to contaminated equip. but not before incision was made. ARRGGHH!
TTT recheduled for 1/25/04

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 01:21:27 AM »
Hi Shade...If it helps to know, last week I travelled for 12 hours between bus, plane and car and somehow managed to do it.  BUT, only with lots of stretching and standing to stretch!  Even when the knees are "fixed", they still tighten and get uncomfortable.

I have my 3 month check-up on Feb 15th, and if all goes well, I'm back to work on the 17th.  I'll be thinking of you on the 16th.  What day do you start your drive?

Best of luck! ...Kath
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

brattkids2

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 01:29:03 AM »
Shade,
I sure hope this new OS can help you!!!!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

BEST OF LUCK

Paulette  :D

shadehawk

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 01:39:50 AM »
Thanks for all the advise Julie, Kath and Paulette, I certainly appreciate it.  It is a long drive, but that is life - & we will manage.  We leave here on Feb. 15 and hopefully without too many pit-stops should make good time. 

Kath, I'll be hoping you have a good appointment on the 15th, glad you got through your trip without too many problems.  How was it, besides being toooo short a vacation?  You will be in my thoughts on the 15th, as I know you want to get back to work again.

Thanks,  ;)

Shade
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 01:42:10 AM by Shadehawk »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 03:30:17 PM »
Hey Shade !!

I hope you have succees with this new doc and that it's worth the drive.
Good luck !!

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Beauzer

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I want to become the person my dog thinks I am
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 03:42:37 PM »
Good luck.

Yikes, I can't imagine a 12 hour drive for an appointment.  I get annoyed having to drive across town.

Danielle
32 - R knee gone to hell
lat. meniscus 94
ACL, chondroplasty 98
Chondroplasty 99
Screw fell out into joint, med. meniscus, microfracture 99
MCL/med. capsule recon, med. meniscus 00
Chondroplasty 04
Chrondroplasty 1/05
OATS 4/05 for OCD lesion
AVN, MFC fracture 10/05

shadehawk

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 08:38:26 PM »
Thanks Danielle & Nettan,

It is a long drive, but that is just the way it is and I'll deal with it.  Thanks for your well wishes, I'll let everyone know how it goes when we get back.

Thanks,  ;)

Shade
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 12:14:40 PM by Shadehawk »

shadehawk

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 01:33:41 AM »
Appointment went well, I have posted in patello-femoral joint.  Thanks for all the support!!

Shade ;)

support