Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New to board - Is clicking normal?  (Read 749 times)

Offline harmer

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New to board - Is clicking normal?
« on: February 01, 2005, 08:26:55 AM »
I have recently had my ACL reconstructed (autograft - patella tendon) and meniscus tear removed. The op went very well and have been relatively pain free. I am now 10 weeks post op and am experiencing some clicking at the front of the knee when fully extended. i still get some swelling and am only at about 110degree flexion. Generally the knee feels quite stable and i am pain free apart from what i guess are normal discomforts. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the same clicking? does it go away? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DH :P

Offline devan23

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: New to board - Is clicking normal?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 07:37:45 PM »
mate - i'm 6 months post and mine still clicks etc

don't worry about it, perfectly normal and may never go, as long as everything else is going well then all sounds good

don't rush recovery!

Offline harmer

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: New to board - Is clicking normal?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:15:29 AM »
Good to hear (i think!)

What sort of level are you at then for six months post? my goal is to get back to playing football again on a regular basis but not gonna try until Sept 05 (10months post op). Need to get my fitness back before then though and was wandering if and when you were jogging/light running? Also still getting the swelling quite a bit - does that eventually go too?

Thanks

DH

support