Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New to the board... MRI already taken  (Read 926 times)

Offline PolishNorbi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New to the board... MRI already taken
« on: February 01, 2005, 03:59:48 AM »
Well this morning at 9:30, I got done with my MRI.

Around 2:30, I get a phone call from my family doctor telling me basically the following:

You need to see an Ortho ASAP, You need to stop play soccer. So I schedule the earliest date of Wed. 11:15am

Also, she mentioned two things:
Grade III Lateral Meniscus Tear
Undisplaced Knee Fracture Posterior

These two combined how bad is this? If their anaylsis is correct, will I need surgery? If so, how long am I out

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: New to the board... MRI already taken
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:48:28 PM »
You have a fracture....that's a broken bone! So I would expect that you'll be laid up for some time. And a meniscal tear won't heal on its own. If you have a grade 3 tear, that's pretty severe. My guess is that you'll need surgery, but I'm not a doctor, so I can't say for sure. Good luck. Let us know what your OS says.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline ksoccer777

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 02:39:09 AM »
hey i know how it feels

i broke my 1st metarsol in my foot and i am currently sitting on a knee injury and am not sure what is causing the pain

i was out for 4 weeks and i was angry because that is for weeks w/out soccer

it is very aggrivating, but i am trying to deal w/ my knee pain

oh yeah, did it hurt a lot when u tore your menisicus?  I imagine that it would but who knows how high your toleration is for pain.

Also if anyone may be able to help me w/ this ongoing knee problem just email me and i will send u an email back of my description of pain ect.

my email is [email protected]

Offline PolishNorbi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 02:51:56 AM »
Well, basically I was playing goalie (normally dad plays but he got hit with someones cleats the previous game in the tournament)
We were done 3-0, first half, our team was just beyonded exhausted.

We do an offside trap, that doesnt go as play, I run out to early. The guy makes move to the left and is starting to pass me when I said "f*** this" and I grab his foot.

I get up, get my red card. Limp off the field, and I just fell on the ground. It wasn't really painful just very very uncomfortable.

The next few weeks I did exp. pain only when my knee fully straigthened.

Now, the pain is just a general slight knee pain. My body is some what high tolerate to pain, especially legs. I have sprained ankles, severely bruised fingers, created a bruise on my leg that was 6" long 4" wide on the shin, barely any pain.

Offline PolishNorbi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 05:52:16 AM »
Well sorry I didn't update earlier.

Anwyays Ortho said: Probably no fracutre

Meniscus Surgery: 6 days left