Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Acupunture works for pain  (Read 974 times)

Offline Am

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Acupunture works for pain
« on: February 01, 2005, 01:13:58 AM »
Hi, I've been reading through some posts which talk about coping with pain. I had an ACI procedure 6 months ago. Felt throbbing pain, stiffness and generally did not like moving around too much.

I started acupunture over 2 months ago. It is fantastic. You have to be committed and do it every 2 days. As my acupunturist explained to me, he was working on the principle of "Ah-shi" which translates to mean "Oh Yes." So you press around areas of the knee and the points which are really painful are the ones that usually make you scream out in pain "Oh yes". So the idea is that you put the needles where the pain is and the needles help to get rid of the blocked energy and swelling in these points.

It has worked for me and I thought I'd pass it on to anyone interested. Of course see an accredited practitioner who adheres to safety.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Acupunture works for pain
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 07:16:10 AM »
Hey Am !!

I'm happy this has worked for you and that you're sharing this with us. We are many out here who are trying to find solutions for our pain. Sometimes things work and sometimes not. I've tried acupuncture but for me it didn't help, but i know others who are helped by it. I have also noticed that there are different ways you can use acupuncure in.
Wish you good luck in future. We need good storys here.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support