Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: frustrated and counting  (Read 934 times)

Offline knight_of_knee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
frustrated and counting
« on: January 31, 2005, 05:26:26 AM »
ARGH!

I'm supposed to have surgery on Friday which I am extremely happy about.  I can't wait to have a more reliable functional knee.

Unfortunately, I can't find a ride to and from the surgery center or anyone to stay with me afterwards.

Neither my partner nor my friend are able to drive me or stay with me due to work and prior engagements (in that order).  I wish I could say I have more than one friend to ask but being stuck at home most of the time hasn't provided me with the opportunity to form close meaningful friendships.  Most of the people I know (who I don't feel comfortable to ask) work or go to school during the day anyway.

My partner keeps asking me why I can't just stay at the surgery center until 545 when she gets off work (I'm having surgery at 945).  Hanging out in the waiting room for several hours after having surgery just doesn't seem like a good idea.  I'm not having it done at a hospital so its not like I can just hang out in a bed somewhere--they have limited space.

Even if I could get home somehow afterwards, I'm not sure I can make it up the stairs to my house.  I live in a duplex in the top apartment.  The stairs are steep and narrow and the hand rail is not securly fastened to the wall (the screws having pulled out at 2 out of the 3 wall mounts).

I was looking into staying in a hotel but its going to cost too much money.  I have also been researching various home health agencies to see if I can find a home maker or care assistant stay with me for a couple hours after surgery.  I don't have any money to pay for it so I doubt thats going to happen.  I am about 90% my insurance wont cover it because its not medically necesary (I don't need any skilled care--just someone to get some water or turn the heat up, etc). 

I'm on disability and until my next check (which doesn't go far anyways) I have about a hundred dollars.  I'm out of eggs, butter/oil, milk, bread, fruit and non-canned vegetables until next week when I can go back to the food pantry.  ITS SO FRUSTRATING.

I'm so short on money because I paid tuition for a class that I wanted to take this semester.  I had to drop it because I'm having this surgery.  Unfortunately, I can't get my money back until mid-semester, which is when they do refunds.

I have rent due on the first which is increasing by $140 because I can no longer walk the dog daily, which was helping my rent tremendously.  I also have a student loan payment due in the first week of Feb. 

I am supposed to recieve my disability payment on the 3rd Wed of the month but it never showed up in Jan.  My "worker" hasn't returned my calls yet.

I feel like everything that can go wrong just did.  Thanks for listening to me complain.  I feel like just so much is adding up right now and one thing that is supposed to help it is just making it even worse.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh.,

Sid  :-X

Offline tanna76

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: frustrated and counting
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 07:51:15 AM »
Hi Sid,
Sorry to hear about your predicament. I would offer to help but i live in Australia so i might be a bit far away. Maybe another kneegeek can help out? Try posting in one of the other areas. Worth a try. Personally, if it were me, i would tell my partner to take the day off work to drive me and look after me, or cop a swift kick up the ar#*! With your good leg of course! Thats if you can balance on your bad leg while swinging your good leg thru the air! But seriously, I dont think that's too much to ask. What about asking your neighbours? You never know... some people's kindness may surprise you. But they wont offer if you dont ask!! But aside from that I just wanted to say, there is always a bright side, even if you cant see it right now. This website has been a saving grace for me, mainly just in letting me know that I am not alone. Neither are you. Things will be great for you one day soon, and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.
Wishing you all the best.
tanna76.

Offline tanna76

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: frustrated and counting
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 08:05:43 AM »
Hi Sid, its Tanna again. I just read Flame's post and your reply to it, and i wondered ... who am i to be giving you spiritual help and encouragement?! You sounded like you had all the right words for Flame! I had a tear in my eye while reading as well. I reckon you definately brightened up her day! I had to laugh when i read her bit about kicking her OS with her good leg... We seem to be a violent bunch, eh? If it weren't for all our pathetic and useless bloody knees, we might actually be dangerous!!

support