Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Vastas Medial - Pain on the quad tendon inside left leg  (Read 1817 times)

Offline ajsmpf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Vastas Medial - Pain on the quad tendon inside left leg
« on: January 29, 2005, 08:16:59 PM »
Hi

I've posted previous queries pertaining to this problem. I was reading a book on sports injuries and read that my on going condition my be due to my lower quad tendons (being 3) on to my patella being weak.  The inner tendon is, as i read, misaligning my patella and causing a condition called Vastas Medial.  This name my be incorrect as i read it some hours ago and didn't record it, :(just went from memory.

It a common problem, any more info about?  ???Correct diagnosis and relief/rehab is more than welcome.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Vastas Medial - Pain on the quad tendon inside left leg
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 08:23:29 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what you are speaking of.  The quad muscle located on the medial side (inside of the leg) is called the Vastus Medialus.  Maybe you got that confused with something else?  I'm not sure what your sypmtoms are, or your case etc etc.   There are cases and it's mostly genetic in which the vastus Medialus (VMO) is inserted too high and doesn't have the same control over the patella as it should.  This can contribute to a laterally maltracking patella. :-[ Anyway..like I said I don't know what your symptoms are or anything else, so... I wish I had more suggestions for you..but I don't, unfortunately.  Goodluck with your search and if you want to post a little more info on your condition we might be able to make more suggestions.
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Talli05

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Vastas Medial - Pain on the quad tendon inside left leg
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 07:38:50 AM »
I can kind of relate to what ajsmpf is saying, or atleast I think. I sometimes have pain on my inner quad as well, as for why I have absolutely no idea I would be interested to hear why you would have pain there. As a guess i would say maybe you pulled it, or overused it. I know lately I've really been trying to strengthen that area of my quads and possibly because of that they feel sore, I don't know. I hope this helps some...
                                     Laura
2 surgeries dedicated to plica removal. 1 to remove scar tissue in my left knee. And another “pie crusting” of my IT Band. As of 2012 I am still not recovered.