Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Local given inside the knee joint  (Read 761 times)

Offline Talli05

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Local given inside the knee joint
« on: January 29, 2005, 03:35:12 AM »
So far I've had two surgeries, one for each knee to resection plica and to shave down chondromalacia. It's been about a year from the first surgery and i'm still having problems, possibly more than before the surgery. I respect my OS very much, he's not the type of guy to jump into surgery or anything but with the way things are going I don't know what is going on. At my last appointment he ordered an MRI of my left knee and gave me a local inside of the knee joint. Now besides giving me relief for an hour what could this have done? He said that now he knows there something wrong inside the joint, so does that mean he was ruling out tendontis or something? just a little confused, i'm going in to see him in about a week for the MRI results. Any help would be appreciated.
                       Laura
2 surgeries dedicated to plica removal. 1 to remove scar tissue in my left knee. And another “pie crusting” of my IT Band. As of 2012 I am still not recovered.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Local given inside the knee joint
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 06:48:46 PM »
Hey Laura !!

He did the injection to sort out if the pain you have comes from your knee and not from another place. F.i. you can have problems with hip or back and feel pain in your knee. I know it sounds weird but this is because of the nerves. I did that test myself once. It's easy then to really know it comes from the knee. My next step was an artroscopy after the test.
Good luck to you and keep us updated how it goes.

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Talli05

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 07:20:50 AM »
Thanks Nettan
      - You were saying that he was ruling out hip or back problems, do you know if having pain below the knee joint indicates either of those?
                                        Thanks again
                                              Laura
2 surgeries dedicated to plica removal. 1 to remove scar tissue in my left knee. And another “pie crusting” of my IT Band. As of 2012 I am still not recovered.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 04:30:18 PM »
Hey !!

If you have painrelief with this injection I'm pretty sure it comes from your knee. This is what this test confirm if you have painrelief of it.It's good that you have a doc who not rush ino surgery.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.