Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: re: injury  (Read 635 times)

Offline johy11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
re: injury
« on: January 28, 2005, 09:32:34 PM »
I am a 15-year-old female and very active.  About 3 months ago I hurt my knee in a moto-cross accident. I had MRI done and the results showed no tears.  My knee was extremely swollen and I could barley walk for two weeks. 3 months later my knee is still black and blue and slightly Swollen.  I have been running to train for my upcoming lacrosse season for the past 3 weeks although my knee has been weak I have still managed to do ok. I always where a brace when I run but I was running and had pain in the back of my knee and top, I tried to run through it but soon Realized that was not going to work. I had to stop running and the inner left side of my knee was swollen and swelling had resumed in the front left side of my knee. I donít know what to think, my knee feels like it will give out on me at any moment and it also "pops" sometimes which hurts. Do u think that the doctor could have missed something in my MRI or could I have re injured my knee or could I have injured something totally new? Please help!!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: re: injury
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 06:42:52 PM »
Hey !!

If you had the MRi when your knee was badly swollen maybe something were missed.
I would go see a doc again if I were you, a orthopeadic surgeon specialized on knees.
Maybe it isn't enough with running, have you done any excercises to strenghten the muscles around the knee ? If you are out for a injury you loose musclemass very fast.
This can cause that your knee pops, give away. But first of all you should go see a doc.

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

ariel

Re: re: injury
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 07:04:17 PM »
Hi Johy - by the sound of it, there's still issues with your knee - as such, the first thing to do is to stop any heavy-impact excercise for the moment - it's not worth exacerbating it and making the issue any worse - if you think it might be of some use, use some elements of R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) - and most importantly, go back and see your Doctor or OS as soon as possible for further guidance - and good luck.