Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Worried about Knee Pain  (Read 766 times)

Offline gwksu

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Worried about Knee Pain
« on: January 28, 2005, 04:50:03 AM »
  I have a knee pain that hurts when sqatting, going up steps, jumping, and getting out of the car. I went to the Orthopedic and he said it is Chondromalacia, however i've read about this and many other knee problems and i'm doubting if this is it. The pain does not feel like it comes from the kneecap area, it doesn't hurt when sitting for a long time, and it doesn't hurt to bend. The pain is only noticeable when pushing off like going up stairs. Also the the pain seems to be on the opposite side of the kneecap.
    I used to Be a distance runner, i ran about 5months solid before i quit do to knee pain on the right side of knee, however that pain was completely different then the pain i am experiencing now. Doctors never could tell me exactly what the problem was with the running injury some said ITB, others Chondromalacia,ect.., but they would not do anything that would fix it. That was in 2001. I've played basketball since and had no problems. Then a wrist injury kept me from Basketball for most of a year. My current pain was off and on for a while but now is noticeable most everytime i go up stairs or squat. All the Doc told me to do is ride the stationary bike every day for a few weeks( which i had been doing while my wrist was in cast, and even after). I'm very frustrated with injuries , ever since i ran cross country it seems i've been plagued with nagging injuries no one can fix. The pain is not the most unbearable thing but i worry it will only get worse and that i'm doing damage to my knee by continuing to play BAsketball. I have very little faith in doctors. Pro athletes get injured and fixed all the time but doctors never seem to be able to help me. I'm only 23 and love sports.
     I had to give some background.    Is it possible my symptoms are of something other than CHONDROMALACIA?   How do i get doctors to help me? any advice would be appreciated   thanks 

g.w.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Worried about Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 03:42:26 PM »
Hey !!

If you feel unsure about this a second opinion never are wrong. What have the docs doneto give you this diagnose, tests, x-rays, Mri ? Have you ever gone to a phys doing excercises to strenghten the muscles except for the bike ?
Chondromalacia is often used as a diagnose when the docs doesn't know how to diagnose correct. if it's chondromalacia you should have softening of the cartilage under your kneecap.
Hope you can get some help with this soon.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline gwksu

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Worried about Knee Pain
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 03:48:56 PM »
  thanks for reply. A x-ray was all that was done, one of the problems is he recommended me do something i've done. I'm a member at a gym where i've excersised legs lightly for a few years, now.

support