Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT Success!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3291 times)

Offline ohiostatemel

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
TTT Success!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 17, 2003, 05:13:19 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hey all!  I have dropped off this board for awhile- been really busy with work and other issues and really have not had time to do much "fun".

I am doing WONDERFULLY!!!  I am currently abour 4 months and 1 week post of from my TTT and VMO advancement.  I have finally stopped rejecting stitches, so we are leaving the scar as is.  My prepattellar bursitis that I developed about 2 months post-op is slowly subsiding.  

I had a checkup at the OS on Friday- I am now allowed to do anything I want except for kneeling and leg extensions at the gym (which happen to be my favorite , but I'll find something else).  I have been back to jogging for about 2 weeks now.  I no longer have really any noteable pain.  I sat through a movie 2 weeks ago, and, for the first time in 10 years, I DIDN"T HAVE PAIN and I didn't have to fidget through the whole thing.  My quad is about 90% back to normal, though I am working on getting both quads back to what they were when I wa an athlete.  I cane ven wear high heels again for work with NO discomfort.  

Although I doubted the procedure from the moment I woke up (due to the pain and complications) - there is NO WAY I could have continued the way I was- and now my knee is as stinking close to "perfect" as it can be- and as I can remember.

Thank you guys SO much for your help and shoulders to cry and moan on.  I promise to not be a stranger anymore.  And for everyone who reads this:  I was told by several OS's that I would just have to deal with my knee until I was "old enough" for a replacement.  Instead, I found one of the top surgeons in the PFS field who felt confident at, at the very least, that something could be done.  I almost feel guilty for doing so well with so many people on this board still looking for an answer- but I hope that isf someone who may be ready to give up on  their knee (s) reads this, this will give them the reason to keep pushing towards relief!!!!
Take care everyone!!

Offline lam651

• Forum Faithful
  • Someday
Re: TTT Success!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 05:23:28 PM »
I'm happy for your success! Good luck in your painfree future! take care, Larry :)
arthoscopy('99),HTO(tibia didn't heal 10/01),knee braces(7/02),HTO w/ex.fix. to repair tibial non-union(3/03), remove ex. fix.(9/03),HTO other leg(12/03)

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 09:01:23 PM »
That is such great news! Congratulations on getting such good results...they don't come by themselves, only by the hard work you put in. Hope things continue to go well for you.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline Marie

• Forum Faithful
  • Time for something sweet!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 04:26:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing your tale of success... gives me some motivation to carry through with PT, because I'm finding it tough to balance my exercises with being back to work f/t.  :)  Best wishes on a brighter future for your knee!

Marie
24y/o - had subluxing right patella, frequent dislocations, osteoarthritis.
Sept26/03 - TTO, scope, LR, medial plication & microfracture (right).  
Slow ROM recovery (126).
My new PT is awesome!!!

Offline ~*Heather*~

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 4
  • Why me? Why is it always me?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 07:50:05 AM »
I'm currently on the TTT recovery road but seem to be having many setbacks along the way. Congratulations on your sucess and hard work! It's nice to read of these posts when I feel there is no end in site. Thanks for taking the time to share!

How come youare not allowed to do leg extensions yet? Will you ever be able to? I asked my OS and he told me NOT for a long while and I'm already 3 months post. I know it stresses everything but I figured one day I'd be doing them again. Again, Congrats!

Heather    
R knee-2 LR's, 1 ITB Release. L knee-LR/medial plication (2/02).Fell postop 3/02 & ruptured quad tendon.Quad tendon repair (8/02).Led to Patella Baja.TTT w/ Quad tendon reefing 9/03.Screw removal 8/04

Offline ohiostatemel

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 01:44:57 AM »
Hehe- it only took me 5 months to respond to you Heather- good lord.  I don't know what the deal is with leg extensions.  I still am not supposed to do them- which stinks because they were one of my favorite things to do at the gym.  I think tey might be too painful- seems like that exacerbates everything that was moved, cut or stretched during my procedure.  are you able to do them?

Offline Yanks351

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • left knees are evil
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 07:42:59 AM »
Can I ask what you had a TTT for?
  Yanks

Offline ~*Heather*~

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 12:26:41 AM »
Not sure who you were asking, but I had a TTT done to correct patella baja.  
R knee-2 LR's, 1 ITB Release. L knee-LR/medial plication (2/02).Fell postop 3/02 & ruptured quad tendon.Quad tendon repair (8/02).Led to Patella Baja.TTT w/ Quad tendon reefing 9/03.Screw removal 8/04

Offline Yanks351

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • left knees are evil
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 04:55:45 AM »
Hey Heather
  i have patella alta, and I am just trying to figure out the best way to fix it. I am going to the doctor on the 26th and I have already been to 1 doctor who wanted to do a LR and then talked about some realignment stuff. I just want my knee fixed and it just seems like these conservative surgeries are not working for me  ?? :(

Offline ~*Heather*~

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 06:48:26 AM »
 I haven't read much on TTT's done on patella alta patients, I'm not even sure it's an option, but I could be wrong.
;D

I know there are several people on the site who have the condition though. Have you done a search on it from the main page? Doing so may bring up a lot of posts and discussions.

I totally commend you on researching this stuff prior to opting for surgery, if I only had done the same in the beginning I wouldn't have made the terrible surgery choices I did that led me to patella baja!

A LR is something to really research. Though I haven't had any problems with the ones I have in the past
(years before the baja and the TTT). The LR did not fix my maltracking issues as they were supposed to. I was lucky not to have any problems occur after them other than the original issues I had started with. I have read so many people that have had problems post op LR though.

I am now 16 months post op now from my TTT and 5 months post op from the screw removal. Mine was an improvement from the patella baja, but if I had to do it again I'm just not sure I would.  My knee no longer 'catches' as it did, but the pain level has put me into pain management once a month. Fair trade? Not really. I still can't run, do active extensions, walk down steps without the railing, etc. I can go up them though ;) just not down.

I currently have an MRI schedule for the 19th to see if my turbecle has a fracture because of the nagging pain I have in it.  

Good luck with your appointment and keep me posted on what your options are. Feel free to PM me. You'll be in my thoughts!

Hugs,
Heather B.  

Offline islandgirl2

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 07:31:52 PM »
It's good to hear some success stories.  I hope you continue to do well.  

Offline islandgirl2

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 07:33:17 PM »
Heather, what do you mean by 'pain management once a month'?  I would think that if it's once a month, then it's not so bad...or am I wrong?  

Offline ~*Heather*~

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 08:12:20 PM »
My insurance only allows it once a month. I get narcotic pain meds from that appointment. Then I get referred by them to a PT clinic for strengthening and other modalities.

I never needed the pain meds with the patella baja like I do post TTT.

Offline islandgirl2

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 11:02:04 PM »
Okay.  What exactly is done during the PM appointment?  Biofeedback?

Offline ~*Heather*~

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 12:46:42 AM »
Absolutely NOTHING....if you can believe that!  :o

I go in, they take me back, ask how my knee is. I answer. They write me prescriptions.

I haven't started the PT yet as I had issues with the referral, but it's straightened out now and I should start anyday.

I really had my hopes up that this whole PM thing would be like others have, but military dependents seem to be cheated in the healthcare system.

I was supposed to go to a REAL clinic, not just a drug house, however, Tricare stepped in and only will approve me to go where I am going.

Sad isn't it?

Oh well, gotta keep smiling, right?  ;D

support