Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: recent uni-spacer patients  (Read 1848 times)

Offline andyjoep

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
recent uni-spacer patients
« on: January 23, 2005, 08:12:30 AM »
in dec. of 2001 got a buckethandle medial menicus. 2 mos. later it was scoped it had completely come apart . i was 32 the doc said go to work, i was back in the wheel chair in 2 mos. In june 0f 2002 i was the first of a few hundred to try the uni-spacer. Back to the wheel chair, i barely got out, 9 mos. later I got theuni-compartmental knee. I walk and stand mre a year and a half later then i ever did on the uni-spacer.My right knee took a good beating the whole process, but i will go straight to the replacement , There was 25% failure rate with the first 500, youmay have not been told that
andy

Offline stefanie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: recent uni-spacer patients
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 06:44:24 PM »
Hi Andy.....I'm one of those patients who skipped the whole uni-spacer process.  I'm 33 - have had medial bi-lateral unicompartmental & am a great success story!  I did a lot of research, really struggled with the decision of a unispacer or pkr.  I just simply could not find any success stories on the unispacer.  I finally thru the towel in & went for it!  I couldn't be happier!!   ;D

Hope you are still doing well with your pkr & good luck on the other one!

~Stefanie   :)
89 scope left knee, 89 scope right knee, 90 remove hardware, bilateral synvisc x3 rounds, '04 acl recon, chondroplasty & notchplasty, Grade 4 chondromalacia, 7/04 pkr right, 10/04 pkr left.

support