Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: strange knee pain  (Read 697 times)

Offline luke_da_nose

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
strange knee pain
« on: January 21, 2005, 07:58:53 PM »
hi

i wonder if anyone might help me. i have never had any knee problems before, until this week.

after a rather too long absence from exercise, i started running again this week. i did three half an hour runs, mainly on metalled roads, and as a result my knee is very painful. the strange thing (to a knee novice!) is that the only part of the knee that is causing me any pain is the area infront of the kneecap, which seems to be slightly swollen - as if i had banged it on something (which i am sure i haven't).

i would be really grateful for any suggestions on what might be wrong and any possible (and indeed sensible) course of action.

cheers

luke

shadehawk

Re: strange knee pain
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 08:07:34 PM »
Hey Luke, think you over did it.  Too much in one week.  You need to rest those knees, apply ice to swelled area and elevate.  Motrin or any anti-inflammatory will help with the pain.

Good luck and take it easy and when you start again make sure you do stretches before you begin.  If pain persists you should go to your doctor and get him/her to check you out.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 09:26:45 PM by shadehawk »

Offline luke_da_nose

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: strange knee pain
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 08:15:07 PM »
ok thanks very much! i guessed it might just be a case of too much too soon - just my body getting its own back for all those years of neglect i think!

cheers, have a good weekend

luke   :)

support