Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Law Enforcement Return to Work?  (Read 821 times)

Offline murtaughdog

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Law Enforcement Return to Work?
« on: January 21, 2005, 08:47:32 AM »
I had ACL (auto patellar) and meniscus surgery on 12/2/04.  Can anybody give me an emistated time that I can return to "regular duty" in law enforcement?  All I keep hearing from my OS and PT is "well in your line of work....................................................................."!

"Light duty" has turned out to be worst than surgery!

Rgr

brattkids2

Re: Law Enforcement Return to Work?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 02:41:38 PM »
Shouldnt be much longer now!!!

Hubby had an Osteotomy- (major surgery) in May of 04 and was back to full duty-no restrictions by August.

I agree with you on the light duty thing. When I was pregnant with my first child I went light duty for 8 months it was the worst being on the desk. I think there was more stress there than on the road!!!!

Hang in there it will get better soon!!!

Paulette

Offline murtaughdog

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 05:20:14 AM »
Greatly appreciate the sunny outlook!

Offline MedicJess

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • links to post-op pics here too
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 10:26:01 PM »
A lot of docs will take different approaches to recovery and getting folks like us back on the streets.  I had an osteotomy on 12/2 and am hoping to get back around mid-Feb w/o restrictions. I'm really pushing hard to go back as I cannot even do light duty - I'm off completely on med leave and pay is going to run out after my next check... I definately appreciate wanting to work again! LOL
My best friend that had her ACL done jumped right into PT the next week and was back to work w/in the next month.  It all just depends on how you're re-habing and how well the reconstruction heals.
All the best of luck to you and be safe!
Jessie
4/96 - sports accident involving LK
6/96- LK scope and "chondromalacia", patellar chondroplasty,
ongoing- bilateral PFS, osteoarthritis, patella alta
12/04- LK LR and TTT
03/25/05 - LK scar tissue removal, patellar chondroplasty, and limited synovectomy for extreme synovitis

support