Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Feels good when I'm active.....  (Read 594 times)

Offline bondo9999

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Feels good when I'm active.....
« on: January 21, 2005, 07:28:38 AM »
Hi,
I just went from working at a desk job for 8 years to a job where I'm standing all day, with very little walking around.
I've had the job for about a year. I noticed I have to get new shoes often, and as soon as they break down, my knees start acting up. There isn't an actual pain, but a numbness, and a feeling like they are very unstable, and if extend them to full length while sitting I can get them to pop like my knuckles. The sensation is coming from the front of my kneecap at the bottom.
However...
when I exercise they feel great. For example, I went snowboarding last weekend and they felt wonderful afterwards. As soon as I go to work, though, they start bothering me.
Also, I just bought new shoes, good ones. In fact I tried on about 10 pairs before finding some I liked.

I do plan on seeing a doctor, but I would like to be more informed before I visit him and compare notes.

Has anyone on this site experienced similar problems? Does it sound serious, or should I just start being more active?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. the pain is about like this...... :-/
       but not this bad yet..............  :-[

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Feels good when I'm active.....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 04:11:41 PM »
Hey !!

If you have had a job with sitting all day for 8 years and then have a standing job without walking you put a lot of pressure on your knees. The first is of course as you said good shoes. You might also need something to stand on if you are at one spot if the floor is very hard.
Excercise to build up your muscles around the joints are also important, maybe you can go to a gym or a phys can show you. The last if this doesn't help is kneesupports, soft ones.
If you have trouble in finding good shoes wellbuilt maybe you need insoules in your shoes.
Let me know how it goes.

hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support