Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Baffled OS... disappointed patient  (Read 616 times)

Offline OneLeggedViolin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Baffled OS... disappointed patient
« on: January 20, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
   I went back to the OS for a follow-up today on what was diagnosed as a kneecap dislocation. http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/cgi-bin/KNEEtalk/YaBB.pl?board=1;action=display;num=1104198236;start=11#11
I told him how my knee has been painfully bending the wrong way. He pushed and pulled on it and then basically said, "No, it's not doing that." :o Then he questioned me again asking if I really was standing still when I fell. Well that happens to be my story and I'm sticking to it since it's true. I told him the same thing I did before. He acted kind of baffled and set me up for PT.
 I didn't get any answers or any advice on preventing the hyperextension, as I think it is called.  ???
 Guess I'm frustrated that I didn't hear anything helpful or definite.
...trying to practice flute and violin while balancing on one leg...

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Baffled OS... disappointed patient
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 02:20:23 AM »
Hey,
I'm sorry your OS visit didn't go well. The hyperextension could very well be due to muscle weakness. I would go to PT and give it your best shot and see what happens. Many times PTs are much more willing to listen to you and try to fix what is wrong. Then, if you have a follow-up visit with your OS, go back and see him one more time. If he still doesn't know what is wrong or can't offer you anything else, maybe get a second opinion.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR  R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR  L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR

support