Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: a little worried...  (Read 645 times)

Offline hatter89

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
a little worried...
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:23:10 PM »
yesterday when i finished lifting and running i went down the stairs to the locker room. while going down the stairs something happen with my left knee. now there's some pain when going up and down stairs. not so much when i'm walking, just a minor clicking noise. which by the way i've had going on for some time now. which i've passed of as runner's knee. however it previuosly did not click all the time and i guess when i think about it before last night the clicking did'nt hurt, now there is a little pain associated with it. the clicking and pain are right at the joint on the outside of the knee. what should i do? can i still run and lift? if not how long should i take off? should i go to the doc or rest it for awhile? help i think i'm going nuts.

Offline hatter89

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: a little worried...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:58:22 PM »
plaease help. i don't know what to do.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 09:02:26 PM by hatter89 »

Offline pegleg78

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • slow and steady wins the race.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 09:12:54 PM »
sounds like you tore your meniscus. You should probably go and get it checked out.
99 ACL, med, lat men repair
00 Med menisectomy, lat men repair
01 med, lat meniscus transplant, ACL rev, LR
01 chrondroplasty, manip & debrid
02 med, lat partial menisectomy
03 Arthrotomy,  LOA, LR
05 chrondroplasty, lat men repair, shrink ACL
05  med menisectomy, chrondropla
05 med PKR

ariel

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 09:21:28 PM »
Hi hatter:

First - don't run on it for the moment or engage in any heavy-impact excercise - don't exacerbate it basically.

Second - Rest it for a couple of weeks - use any helpful elements of R.I.C.E if you need to - (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) - Rest being the primary one.

Third - see how it responds after resting it for a couple of weeks - if it's still symptomatic after a couple of weeks rest, then you need to see your GP or OS.

good luck and post back if have more questions etc.

support