Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: similar pain?  (Read 626 times)

Offline knight_of_knee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
similar pain?
« on: January 18, 2005, 11:36:32 PM »
Hello,

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so, what their diagnosis was....

When I walk or squat (not all the time), my knee feels like it is stuck.  I can't straighten my leg when it is like this and trying to walk normally is excruciating.  
The strange thing is that I can walk (still painful but manageable) by keeping my knee fairly bent.  I have to kind of stoop over (like an old man, says my partner).  I hobble to the closest sitable object and do the best I can to fix my knee. Sometimes I can hear a pop and feel shifting in my knee area, the pinching/burning pain goes away, and I can straighten again (leaving me extremely sore in the muscles).

Thanks,
Sid

Offline heather k from wales

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Ouch!!
Re: similar pain?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 11:16:18 AM »
To me and from what Ive experienced with my own knee, it sounds as if your knee is locking due to a meniscus tear or something floating around in your knee.  I may be wrong, but if I were you, Id get to an knee OS and get it looked at and get it treated correctly.  You never know when you are causing more damage by not getting it seen to.

Good luck,

Heather ;)
91 Mangled Right knee on trials motorbike
94 Meniscus Repair
95 ACL/LCLrec,notchplasty,bone graft
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Ch'plasty, ACLdeb,Suprapatella mbr ex, haematoma
04 Scope
March 06 Scaphoid op/bone graft