Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: muscle reattachment  (Read 637 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline keltrui

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
muscle reattachment
« on: January 18, 2005, 11:23:48 PM »
Hope someone here can shed some light on this for me....I've had knee pain since July. No known injury. Symptoms include, pain when standing or sitting going up or down stairs, throbbing after alot of activity. I had an MRI done and the results showed a posterior medial meniscus tear. But the OS told me that's not the problem. He thinks that my muscle isn't attached at the right place and that it is slipping down the side instead of staying on top, causing degeneration of  tissue. (which is why he said my knee pain is behind my kneecap) He has put me on anti-inflammatories for a month and I have to go back on Feb.15th. He said if he is right he wants to go in and put the muscle where it goes. (he could've said tendon)  Anyway, my questions are.....Is there a name for this? And what is recovery like?