Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: A lifetime of ops?  (Read 603 times)

Offline bikerchick

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
A lifetime of ops?
« on: January 18, 2005, 06:49:55 PM »
Can someone help?  I'm back at the consultant on Friday to see if I need operation no. 3 on my right knee.  First was 14 yrs ago when they opened it up and took a large chunk of menisci out, 2nd was 7 years ago (thankfully just an arthroscopy).  In between I had numerous bouts of physio, an injection into the kneecap and it still gave way.  A few months ago now I slipped at the gym and the old problems came back with a vengeance.  Bending forwards is painful and still, backwards, even worse and there's no chance of kneeling or crouching down.  At 35 I don't want to just put up with what I have but has surgery gotten significantly better to put this right??  Also, my physio alarmingly stated that I should be prepared for further ops over the coming years, is this right??  Any info or similar experiences out there would be helpful.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: A lifetime of ops?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 05:03:21 PM »
Hey !!

A knee getting worse year after year doesn't necessery have to involve surgery for the rest of your life.
Maybe you need some cleaning up in your knee or surgery so your knee can function better.
Don't think the worst before seeing the doc.
I wish you good luck with your appoinment. Let us know how you're doing.

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.