Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hyaluronic injections  (Read 1897 times)

Offline dsprinx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Hyaluronic injections
« on: December 04, 2002, 11:10:00 PM »
Hi! I'm new to the board and I'm hoping that someone out there can give me advice which will change my view of things.  I don't know the jargon, so I'll speak in plain talk.  Two years ago while playing softball, I tore my ACL, MCL, LCL, and both meniscus.  I had the the ACL reconstruction using my patella tendon, they stitched the MCL and LCL, and cut away 90% and 75% of the two meniscus.  My surgeon was supposed to be very good, but I've got my doubts.  I went back to him no less than seven times saying there's something wrong, my knee doesn't feel right, it hurts ALL the time.  He did nothing and told me I could do anything the next person could.  The very first time I played basketball my knee blew up like a watermelon.  I had a second surgery (new doctor) this past July.  I'm still in a lot of pain and the knee swells everyday.  The next step I understand is to have Hyaluronic Acid injections.  My question is, will this series of injections help or is knee replacement a better option?  I'm 44 years old, and quality of life is going downhill quickly.  Thanks for any help in advance.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Hyaluronic injections
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 05:03:08 AM »
hi, you could try the injections, I don't know much about its' use is people. But I have worked with horses for years. WE have used it with horses with amazing succes..so just thought I would share that. I think these injections are a good place to start and if they don't help
then you talk joint replacement.  I am not in your situation just yet.. so I can't say for sure. But that is my personal opionion on the matter.
Take care
and hope you get some relief soon. Knees aren't fun at all
here is to a better tommorow
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline dsprinx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Hyaluronic injections
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 05:26:30 PM »
Linds,

Thanks for the reply.  My first injection is tomorrow morning.  I've been somewhat pessimistic to this point, but I really hope the injections will give me some relief because I know there's no turning back after TKR.  Again, thanks.

support