Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Riddled with tendonitis...  (Read 2654 times)

Offline DaveM

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Riddled with tendonitis...
« on: August 13, 2002, 10:38:22 PM »
I've previously had patellar tendonitis in the front of both of my knees, three years of physio, injections and ops did nothing (only really made it worse) and then it suddenly went away. All of a sudden though I have the same symptoms (nagging pains, soreness,etc) in the backs of my knees and also my elbows. It was two years ago since it cleared up and I've been back playing sport and everything. What were your experiences with tendonitis, especially with it in the back of knees? What did you do to clear it up, did it work and how long did it take, please help me.........

Offline Skid

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Riddled with tendonitis...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 05:44:37 AM »
Have delt with tendonitis in feet and elbow for years. Have had it come and go as well.  Acouple of things to consider. I discovered that some antibiotics, floxin for one, tend to promote tendonitis. Also have read that plants of the nightshade family, potato included, promote it. Not sure about this. Read about the floxin and cipro in october 1997 consumers report.  I eventually had to limit some activities and lay off for periods. When the tendonitis eases off, work up slowly to activity levels you can stand. Be sure to stretch before and after activity.