Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Replacement vs Resurfacing ??  (Read 641 times)

Offline dazednconfuzed

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Replacement vs Resurfacing ??
« on: January 18, 2005, 05:40:46 AM »
My husband has had the series of high priced synovial injections which didn't help his pain. Next, he had arthroscopy to repair 'cushion' tears and general clean up of ?, still had pain. Has been back for 2 cortisone shots...still pain continues. He can't find a comfortable sitting or sleeping position, walking is extremely painful.

His ortho says he needs 'resurfacing', saying it is the same thing as total knee replacement, just different terminology.

Are they one and the same procedure??? We don't know where to turn or what to do.

Please advise.

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 05:41:49 AM by dazednconfuzed »

shadehawk

Re: Replacement vs Resurfacing ??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 01:40:52 PM »
Hi, I think that resurfacing is PKR and there is alot of information regarding this subject in the 'Knee Arthritis Section'  at the bottom of this page  under 'Unicompartmental knee replacement'.
One section there call 'Repicci knee replacement' shows pictures of the procedure.
Many people have had good luck with this proceedure.  Check out this section it might answer some of your questions.  I think they are very different proceedures than TKR, but I am no expert on this subject, maybe chat with the people that have had this proceedure like Kath, Stephanie and John.

Hope this helps some.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 02:40:52 PM by shadehawk »

support