Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Elmslie-Trillat Procedure  (Read 1179 times)

Offline gregandcasey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Elmslie-Trillat Procedure
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:10:42 AM »
I would like some information on the Elmslie-Trillat Procedure. I'm a 32 year old woman. I've had two petella release surgeries. My left when I was 17 and my right when I was 18. My left has normal creeking and slight pain. My right however, has constant severe pain. I tried to get a replacement but was laughed out the door. I am in the prime of my life and can't even run...walk. I saw a message about this procedure and would like to get some information about it. If anyone can shed some lite on my gloomy outlook, I would appreciate it. I think it's absolutely absurd that at my age and the age we're in that nothing can be done about my knee. I live in the states. I don't know if that will make a difference.

Please help,

Casey

shadehawk

Re: Elmslie-Trillat Procedure
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 02:18:30 PM »
Hi there and welcome to the site.  Here is a page that might answer some of your questions.  It explains the realignment proceedures.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/html/steps/step_05_patella/realignment.html.

Hope this helps.  ;)  You might also want to check out the section 'Knee Arthritis' - 'Changing the forces through the Joint'.  There are many threads that discuss these issues.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 02:21:51 PM by shadehawk »

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Elmslie-Trillat Procedure
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 03:05:25 PM »
Hey Casey,

I've had an Elmslie Trillat on both knees.  For me, it was the best thing I have ever done!  I used to be frightened to even just walk down the stairs in fear of dislocating, I would dislocate or sublux for no apparent reason and be laid up for months on end.  I had the first Elmslie done about 9 years or so ago and have had no major problems with it.  The other knee I had done just a couple of years ago and, again, no major problems.

My recovery in total was about 4 months, 7 weeks in a plaster cast with partial weight bearing as tolerated (but there seems to be a different protocol for each surgeon).  Started pt on about week 9, had roughly 4-5 months of pt.  Its a long, hard, slow recovery but for me it was well worth it.  If you have any other questions I might be able to answer, dont hesitate to IM me.

Natalie.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 03:07:17 PM by nmcbride »
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA