Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Plica symptoms??  (Read 893 times)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Plica symptoms??
« on: January 16, 2005, 04:56:23 PM »
Hey guys, I got an e-mail back from my OS. I had described what my "good" knee was now doing and he thinks it may be inflamed plica. I have had plica surgery on my bad knee and the pain is NOTHING like that. I dont have any tender spots on my knee but it aches inside and in the back of the knee. It gets really stiff if I sit for 10 minutes with it bent or stand with it straight. It hurts alot but it is not the same pain that I had with the first one. IT does not hurt on the medial or lateral side which is in my understanding where the plica are located.  IT does swell but I think the pain is from overuse. If I try to squat on this leg, I get stuck and cant get up without help.

Can anyone else tell me what their symptoms were with plica problems? Does this sound familiar?

Help, I am supposed to call him Tuesday to discuss treatment and I dont think this is the problem.

thanks in advance
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

shadehawk

Re: Plica symptoms??
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 05:20:03 PM »
Missy, if you do not think it is plica, why not tell your OS you would like him to assess your knee.  Tell him what you have said here and let him know that you believe that the symptoms are different from the other knee.

Good luck.  ;)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Re: Plica symptoms??
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 05:29:50 PM »
I do intend to tell him in greater detail what my symptoms are but i was wondering if there are different symptoms to plica problems than what I experienced with the bad knee. I am actually scared of him examining my good knee, I am afraid of what he will find LOL.

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis