Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 867 times)

Offline malloch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Help please
« on: January 16, 2005, 09:50:15 AM »
Hello
I am new to the board. I fell in October and felt my leg twist. When the pain settled down, it was my left knee which was sore, stiff and pain down left side. I was never really told what was wrong, the dr suggested cartilage trouble and prescribed anti inflammatories. This was just clearing up two months later (December 2004) when I went to sit down one day and felt my right leg twist. I could not put foot on ground after that and dr diagnosed damaged ligament  and prescribed again anti inflammatories, parecetamol and using a novasonic device.
If I keep knee rested I have little problem now, except pain, but immediately I try to walk outside the whole thing feels as bad as ever. What should I do, keep resting knee or try to excercise. How long should ligament trouble take to clear up?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 11:51:07 AM »
Hey !!

Did you see an ortopeadic surgeon specialized on knees ? If not you should consider to see one.
What did the doc say about your ligament ? Is anyone of the completely teared or stretched or what ?
Please give us more info if you have.
Otherwiese I would definately try see a OS.

Hugs Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.