Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MRI waiting lists...  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
MRI waiting lists...
« on: December 04, 2002, 03:40:01 PM »
Okay...I don't really have a question or anything...I just wanted to say...that the waiting list here in Nova Scotia, Canada for an MRI is 11 months ! Does that not seem a little bizarre.... :-/ It's insane, is what it is..I can't wait 11 months not working..for an MRI, that may or may not show something.  :( Anyhow..just thought I would share that.  Sure my OS says he can shove me up on the urgent list..but I am not going to kick some suspected brain tumor to have to wait longer. :-/ I am not that selfish..
Thanks for the Vent
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline AC

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: MRI waiting lists...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 04:17:05 PM »
I got one in less then a month, only a couple of weeks I think, in Toronto, Ontario.  I think that might be due to the fact that there are more machines in the GTA.  Then again, there are more people living there too.  Who knows.  Then again this was about 5 years ago, and not for my knee, it was for something else.  I was having some other tests for something else, and something REALLY bad showed up, or so they thought, so they needed the MRI right away and I got in really fast.  But I have also known other people from Toronto who got MRI's in a month or two.  
Lateral Release along with patella cleanup and bone spur shaving - Early September 2002 - Had a blood clot (DVT) as a complication.
TTT, Scope, and LR in mid June 2003.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 11:37:51 PM »
I have had three MRI's previous to this one..all of them were in a month or two..but the waiting lists have just been growing out of control..who knows..just frustrates me.. Though our MRI problem is suppost to be addressed by the new health car stuff.
:-/
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury

Offline rhea

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    • Budgie Love!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 03:22:30 AM »
My first MRIS (one on each knee) in sudbury ONT canada 2 yrs ago were 3 months waiting lst.  My MRI I had this month in Toronto I only had to wait a few weeks as my rheumy pulled some strings as I am not able to wait months and months and months.  However the normal wait in toronto is 3-4 months right now.

I hope you aren't made to go for another MRI Linds...and if you are I hope you get it QUICK!  

(((hugs)))

rhea
7 yrs of knee troubles (maltracking, maybe plica).  
Finally found wonderful OS(#4)!
Diagnostic scope+biopsy schduled for sept 23,2003  
HMS/EDS III
Chronic joint pain,subluxations,microtraumas...

Offline muskypike

• Forum Faithful
  • im going wacko, with my tkr
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 02:21:14 PM »
Wow you guys, I cant believe what I just read.  In U.S. you can get MRI the same day.  If OS has Mri machine in his office.  Otherwise the wait is usually a day or two.  I am floored Linds that you have to wait 11 months that is absolutely ridicoulus.

What are you suppose to do in the mean time, just ice and hobble around.  I would be writing some pretty nasty letters to the person in charge!!!

Hope things get expedited for you.

Ellen
GOLDWIATH1980. LR1992. MENISCUS TEAR 1992 1999 2003. SYNVISC INJ 2001, FULKERSON 2002 W/ PATELLA CHONDROPLSTY SYNoVCTMY & LR SCAR TISSUE REMOVAL4/03 STAPH INF4/03 BONE INFECTION 4/03 TKR 3/04 meniscus tear 7/04 LOA 9/04 RSD 9/04 LOA 1/05, and LOA in May, told by OS will need loa every 3 mos. ENUFF!!

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2002, 01:52:01 AM »
Thanks M, I guess we have to be tough..because we have no other choices. I have discovered that the waiting list in my province is much longer than others'. In other provinces...the MRI machines run 24 hours a day. Here they work 8-5 or something...HELLO...the waiting lists warrant a change in that. I am in the process of writing a letter to some people in charge.
Take care, thanks for the replies
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 06:51:48 AM »
Just thought that I would post an Update on the MRI waiting list thing. Here in Nova Scotia, they have realized they need to catch up...11 months is way to long to wait...and if they don't do something it won't get any shorter...anyhow, they are opening the machines 24 hours a day for the month of April, so I slipped in on april 29th rather than waiting until September. ;) Thank goodness...I would just die...my knee hurts so much these days...the whole joint capsule is inflammed.
HUGs to you all
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK

support