Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Chondromalacia Question  (Read 982 times)

Offline megster3117

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • *Paint The World Beautiful*
    • My Journal
Chondromalacia Question
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:34:37 PM »
 Alright, my doctor told me what it was, but I wasn't too sure exactly what it really means.  He was saying all these big words and my jaw just kinda dropped...so could someone be soo kind and explain to me what that is in "Patient" form?  Thanks!   :)
16 Years Old
Meniscus Repaired 3-29-05

STILL FEELING PAIN!!

shadehawk

Re: Chondromalacia Question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 05:53:40 PM »
Hi there Megster,

Here is a site that might answer some of your questions:

http://www.kneehippain.com/

On left hand side of page go to For Patients, then Petellar Pain and the SubMenu has listed different knee conditions.

Hope this will help you out some!  If you google search you will find many different articles regarding patella femoral pain, but you really need to ask your doctor what you can do for your condition so you will not harm your knees anymore.  
Your GP can recommend PT sessions so you will learn the proper exercises to do for your condition.

Good luck.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 06:00:43 PM by shadehawk »

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 05:55:29 PM »
Chondromalacia is softening of the cartilage on the back of the kneecap. It can be caused by many different things. A Hard impact with an object, constant maltracking in the knee joint.  However, it is usually the symptom of an underlying problem that until corrected will continue to worsen.  
Are you in Physiotherapy?  There are exercises used to stretch and alos build muscles... that may help aleviate some of the symptoms.
hope this helped...
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline megster3117

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • *Paint The World Beautiful*
    • My Journal
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 06:14:08 PM »
Thanks a lot you guys.  

I'm going to physical therapy on Monday, and from then on I'm going there three times a week for three weeks.  I'm afraid it won't work, but everyone's telling me that It wil...

I'm also going for an MRI on Monday just to make sure there's nothing else wrong with my knee.   :)
16 Years Old
Meniscus Repaired 3-29-05

STILL FEELING PAIN!!

shadehawk

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 06:55:23 PM »
Megster, good to hear that you will be starting a PT program.  Many people have been helped by PT alone, we just do not hear from them as they have moved on to something else and are not hanging around here anymore.

Good luck with your PT and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will help you out alot.  ;)