Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: My story  (Read 706 times)

Offline gavchar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
My story
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:53:18 AM »
A few days before my 16th birthday I was in a car accident,the doc told me I had a tibia patella fracture.  My tibia was spilt in two the doc said it looked like some one to an ax and split it in two. my patella looked like a jigsaw puzzle. After they put me back together,it took a plate 6 screws and a pin. I had a hole they had to fill so they took bone from my hip and put it into my leg they after that they had a hole the size of a dime so they took correl reef from the ocean and filled it up.  I now have a scare from above my knee to the middle of my leg also a few small ones where they used cameras.  I also have a scare on my hip.Well I am now 26 almost 27 and I'm doing just fine.  Except for occasional pains.  I quess I just wanted to give a little bit of hope for some of the new leg suffers.  Keep your head up it'll work out. And please pay no attention to the fact that I can't spell.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: My story
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 02:01:38 PM »
Hey !!

Thank you for sharing this story. Means a lot  for both new suffers and old one who can't get better or struggle to get better to actually hear people getting better.

Hugs to you from me !!

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support