Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bilateral, artoscopic on both knees,open petallar  (Read 822 times)

Offline AWife99

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
bilateral, artoscopic on both knees,open petallar
« on: January 12, 2005, 08:36:40 PM »
ok 5 months later still immobilzer on right knee.. and still crtuches.... anyone else have this done and this long with problems??

i go to theraphy 2 times a week however do home theraphy .... my quads were totaly gone after surgery left one startegd comign around one month ago so was able to take left immobilzer off however still pain in knee cap and therapist says i am doing enough as is for exercises almost to much... as far as right seems like quad wants to work then doesnt.. i am so frustarted i wrote another thread but never got a response so thought i would mkae this one a need encouraging one and anyone else been there casue i am so scared i will never get off crutches or the one immobilizer...  

shadehawk

Re: bilateral, artoscopic on both knees,open petal
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 11:53:42 PM »
Did you have a ttt surgery & a lateral release?

I see you are doing pt sessions and home exercises as well.  Is your therapist giving you ultrasound and acupunture treatments for swelling and pain management?  This helps alot.

If you had a ttt, this is a very big surgery and I can not imagine you getting this done and getting arthroscopy on other leg as well.   Has your PT used the E-stem on you?  I have heard people saying this works well to get muscles firing again.

You should call your OS and get another appointment if you feel that something else is wrong and get him/her to re-assess you.

Wish you good knee days ahead.   :)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 05:17:34 PM by shadehawk »

Offline AWife99

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: bilateral, artoscopic on both knees,open petal
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 07:44:32 PM »
thks for replying yes you are right on what i had done adn on both knees at same time.. yes i have estem unit have had it for 41/2 months and now own it i use it two-three times aday...  i have went to my surgeon once every month for a look see on what is going on and they just dont know i have alot of problems with my back so they had me go through emg and another mri to see if maybe soemthing in my back was stopping my healing .... and casue pain etc.. yeah they have tried untra but it didnt work.. all i know is they are achy all the time or in pain...  so i dont know
i am told to walk around house without right immobilzer on for small areas to go with both cructhes but it fatgies so easily...  other then that after over 5 month i use crutches adn have to wear one immobilzer.. cant help but get upset.... been so long , even left without immobilxzer fatigues so easy..... i am so gald i found this site.. and i hoenstly dont know what to do next.. i tlaked with therapist today and she said i am doing everythign possible and then some so i am just ready for me to be back on feet..

support