Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee pinching?  (Read 14866 times)

kneesknees

knee pinching?
« on: January 10, 2005, 02:43:45 PM »
Hi everyone,

I had an appointment with the Consultant nearly a week ago in which he bent and straightened both my legs - the right, bad one and the left 'good' knee.

I had had some pain in my good knee before and it catches when its straightened this but since the appointment, my left knee has been really creaky and when I sit on a chair so its bent to about 90 degrees it feels almost like something inside is pinching...its sore and I have to straighten it out.  

Also, whether this is related or not, the day after the appointment what looks like a purple pinchmark appeared on my knee.  Could something be pinched inside causing this?  My 'good' knee hadn't been bent as far as it was in the examination for a long time.

Sorry that this isn't too clear but I hope you understand what I mean because in the past days by 'good' knee has been sorer than my bad one.

Thanx :)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: knee pinching?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 02:59:58 PM »
if there is one thing that I have learned about knees, it's that anything is possible. ::)  I have never had a problem like you have.  What did the consultant say?
i will say that both of my knees are constructed in the same poor manner and my right knee was bad for about 10 years before my left knee ever hurt.  My OS has speculated this is because I was a runner and my right knee was my leading leg.  I do'nt have a good knee anymore... as this changes from day to day.  Hopefully your knee starts to feel better soon... lot's of ice and rest. ;)..

Sorry I could not be more helpful, but it's almost impossible to guess what could be wrong with your knees...
goodluck,

linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

kneesknees

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 03:16:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply Linds,

The Consultant didn't really mention the 'good' knee to be honest.  He just straightened and bent it but the main focus was on my right knee.  

The right knee is much worse without a doubt so I don't want to bring up the left knee because I can manage with it.

I just wondered about the pain since and the pinch mark which has appeared.

Knees are weird things I guess

Thanks again :)

Offline knight_of_knee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 09:04:26 PM »
my pinching pain is caused by either one bone touching the other bone (like the femur touching the tibia) or by my joint compressing a part of my meniscus that is in the wrong place.

good luck,

sid

Offline Gab

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Boston, USA
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 10:09:19 PM »
It could be anything, really. My pinching is on the inside of my knee right between the tibia and femur, and is thought to be some localized arthrofibrosis (cyclops lesion) that's somehow attached to my reconstructed ACL.
April 14th, 2004: Floor hockey accident, complete ACL tear (left knee).
June 11th, 2004: ACL reconstruction, patellar tendon autograft.
January 21st, 2005: Cyclops Lesion removal

Offline darby01

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 05:27:28 AM »
I also have that pinching problem.It feels like someone is pinching the inside of my knee with hot tweezers and the pain is really intense.Is the pain in the middle of your kneecap?have you found out anymore info on what the problem is?I'm worried because I had surgery there about 8 yrs ago because I had melanoma thers'

Offline imnotpunk

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • stupid knee!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 08:37:57 AM »
It is true that the 'pinching' could be anything, really. I feel the same sensation when my knee is bent to a certain degree (when I'm out of my brace, that is). Mine is due to scar tissue in the back of my knee and on my hamstring.

What type of knee problem(s) do you have? Have you had any procedures done? Where do you feel the pinching?

Hope you feel better!

Best wishes,
Patricia
R knee:
08/03-meniscal repair, LR
01/04-MUA, LOA
03/04-MUA
08/04-patellar tendon reconstruct. w/hamstring, menisci repairs, lateral/medial releases
10/04-MUA, LOA, debride., marsupialization, lateral release
12/04-MUA, LOA, meniscectomy
L knee:
09/05-meniscectomy, chondroplasty, microfracture

kneesknees

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 05:26:09 PM »
darby, I haven't found out anymore about what it could possibly be...I tend to come here and hope that someone will come up with an answer, lol - lazy I know.

My left knee has been a bit swollen in the past couple of days as well so I've just been icing it....hopefully it'll calm down soon so I've only got to worry about the one knee.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok, thanks for all the replies,

Katy