Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: fed up, two ops and probs again  (Read 793 times)

Offline bobo1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
fed up, two ops and probs again
« on: January 07, 2005, 03:54:56 AM »
Hello,
This is my first time on the forum so be patient with me, my names jo and i live in the uk, im so fed up at the moment, so whilst browsing the web i came accross this site and its so informative, what a great idea, i didnt realise there was so many other poor souls suffering with the dreaded knee problems.

My story is this(i'll try and make it short) 18mths ago i bent down to pick a leaf up of the floor and my right knee cracked, after months of back and forth to the drs i finally got an apptmt for the hospital, i had surgery 6wks later, my surgeon told me he could not find that much wrong??? i'd had severe pain and could not bend the knee at all, so i was confused, after 6 more weeks of physio i went back to the hospital, after another mri scan they found an ulcer behind the knee, op number 2: they removed the ulcer and did a lateral release, this was may 04, after it felt a bit better and after another 10wks physio it felt like it was on the mend, i still could not bend down on it however, but i coud walk down stairs again normally, yippee, however out of the blue last week it has swollen like a balloon and is very painful to touch, i cant bend it or raise the leg from the floor, i also have pain going into my upper thigh(sorry i dont know the technical terms) it was so bad i ended up at casualty two days ago, i have seen a op today who just scratched his head and was no help at all, i feel so down about this after 3 months of near normality im back at square one, i have to go back again next week to see the surgeon, i just hope they take it seriously, it's so frustrating, as anyone else had this kind of bad luck?  : ???

Sorry to rant on and on, happy new year by the way, and thanks for listening!!

jo
uk

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: fed up, two ops and probs again
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 01:01:39 PM »
Hey Jo !!

I'm sorry you got backwards again after some months of beeing better. Not easy to say why it is like this. Maybe you have done something new which you haven't done for long time or just done too much in to little time which your knee isn't ready for yet.
Though you do the right thing goping back to your doc and ask for help. Meanwhile try take it easier rest, elevate and ice. Are you taking any antiinflammatories ?
Happy new year to you also !!
I hope you get better soon.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline sso

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: fed up, two ops and probs again
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 06:17:26 AM »
Jo,
I'm so sorry to read your story. Your story just touched me. I do know what it's like to have problems with your knee that your dr. can't figure out. Get another dr. there's one who can help. You'll be so happy you did. Take care, and take it easy.
Bilateral arthroscopy LR and excision of the Plica. "83
TTT/LR/ LK 1/15/04
Fractured graft 1/18/04