Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Possible re-injured patella  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Skyslimit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Possible re-injured patella
« on: January 04, 2005, 05:16:10 PM »
I have been through three meniscus surgeries in two years and my surgeon poked three holes in my articular cartilage. I have been rehabbing for two years with minor pain and soreness. I recently was ice-skating and fell/hit flat on the patella. It has hurt to touch in one spot the size of a quarter for four days now. It does not impair movement. I am reluctant to go back to the doctor.  Could this heal on its own or am I just wishful thinking?                      

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Possible re-injured patella
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 08:14:28 PM »
Hey !!

If you don't get worse then this it's probably only bruises caused of the fall. It has only gone 4 days so wait a bite and take it easy then I'm sure you will be alright. If you get more problems with pain while walking call your doc.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Skyslimit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »
Thank You. I will wait. That is what I wanted to here!

Offline merc007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 04:16:38 AM »
Tell us how your knee goes.  I'm interested to hear (:  I fell on my knee a couple of days ago in a biking accident, but I haven't visited the doctor yet (bc in a foreign country).  Just wondering if I wait it out, it might be okay.

Offline Skyslimit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 05:40:36 PM »
No change yet. It is still very sensitive to touch. Again, just in a specific point. But, I am going to wait it out. It does not impact function and it is not swollen. Good luck on your injury. Let me know how you progress and if you see a doctor.

Offline Skyslimit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 03:13:57 AM »
 :) It seems the knee is healing OK. The injured area is less sensitive and I believe in a week or so it will be 100%. Thanks for the assistance.

Offline merc007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 01:52:40 PM »
Cool, great to hear.

I decided to go to the doctor because I was concerned, they did a load of xrays and there were no bones broken.  It's started to heal, but still nicely purple (2 weeks later).
I fell on it again, and the pain was intense this time, xrays redone, nothing broken, changed colors again though.  All technicolor..    Lucky, could have been worse.
But it's a pain in the leg!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:53:20 PM by merc007 »

Offline Skyslimit

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 05:29:27 PM »
Sorry to here about the second injury, Although take the doctors news as good, the x-ray did not show any additiional damage. It took my knee about a month after the initial impact to feel like it was going to heal OK. Remember RICE. Good luck!

Offline merc007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 03:52:25 PM »
Cool thanks.  Glad to hear your leg is doing better.

Yeah my 2nd fall was due to car hitting my bicycle, and I ended up smacking my knee into the handlebar or something.  What bad luck.
  Hurts like hell when I wear any thing like jeans, or work pants, especially when the material touches the knee.   Walking is only impaired when the pants touch my knee.   I burst into tears when the doctor pressed on a particular spot.   Wonder what I can wear to work to stop aggravating the knee.  
Is there anything I can do to relieve pain?  He gave me Apsrin...but I thought Asprin is bad for bruises.