Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: confused and in pain  (Read 787 times)

Offline cswede67

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
confused and in pain
« on: December 31, 2004, 07:19:13 AM »
Hi,  I had knee surgery 11-29-04.  I just started pt yesterday.  I went in for a left lateral meniscus tear.  When the surgery was over with, this is what the report said was done.  Arthroscopy, left knee, partial synovectomy, partial medial meniscectomy, partial lateral meniscectomy, lateral tibial plateau chondroplasty, and resection of medial and longitudinal plica.  My surgeon has not seen me since before the surgery. I've seen his helper, who was not there for the surgery.  He really has not explaned a whole lot about this mess.  At this time i cannot straighten or completely bend my knee. and i'm in alot of pain.  Is this usually?

shadehawk

Re: confused and in pain
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 03:04:58 PM »
Did you get any medication for the pain?  If not why not go to your GP and ask for pain medication to help you in the meantime.

Your PT can also help you with pain, they do treatments like ultrasound that can help alot with pain.  Talk to your physical therapist and I am sure they would help you out.

Good luck.   :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 03:07:23 PM by shadehawk »

Offline cswede67

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: confused and in pain
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »
Thank you for the responce.  Yes i do take vicodin.  I just didn't think i should be this painful.  I will ask my pt about ultrasound treatments.  So far i have a list of exercises.  Today will be my third day and boy am i sore! :o

support