Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New to this forum  (Read 779 times)

Offline Cid

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Dancing with your heart makes the body sing.
New to this forum
« on: December 30, 2004, 05:04:42 PM »
:-*Hello, I have been lurking here for some time and gathering information.  This is a very informative site.  I am a vetern when it comes to knee surgeries and problems.  I am scheduled for my 9th surgery 1/4.  I know I am lucky because I am stillwalking and doing most of the things I love thanks to a wonderful surgeon and pure determination.  

I hope I can offer some help to others with knee problems and share my experiences with you.  

Cid
Cid
11 surgeries to date 5 on RT, 2 LR, TTT, VMO advancement & chrondroplasty with drilling and a few meinscal repairs
6 on LFT, LR, 2 VMO adv. & OCP with meinscal repairs

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: New to this forum
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 05:13:26 PM »
Hey Cid, nice to meet you, glad you have decided to join us here on the Kneegeeks  ;D  .  I'm sure you'll have Lot's to offer in the way of advice to us, your fellow knee sufferers, I hope as well that can gain something from this site and it's members as well.

Goodluck on Surgery #9... what ya having done?

Lot's of luck
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Cid

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Dancing with your heart makes the body sing.
Re: New to this forum
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 05:27:02 PM »
Linds, Thanks for the welcome.  I have had a lot of different things done and unfortunatley the first 3 surgeries were by a Doc who just wanted to try things he had never done.  Boy did I learn a hard lesson.  I now have an excellent surgeon and he has had to deal with the repair and maintenance of a mess.  Here is my history
Right knee - Lateral Release
Left Knee - Lateral Release
Right Knee - Elmslie Trillat (yuck)
Right Knee - VMO attachment and debraidment
Left Knee - VMO attachment and debraidment
Left Knee - debraidment and chrondrplasty
Right knee - debraidment and chrondrplasty/drilling)
Left Knee - debraidment and laser VMO reattachment
Left Knee - this will be on the 1/4 so who knows what else he will get into but we are planning chrondrplasty and a drilling procedure

I stay very active and have learned to deal with the maintenence issues.  I actually drive 4 hours each way to see my surgeon because of my bad experience with orthos in my home town.  I am now a lot wiser when it comes to what they want to do with my body.  

Cid
Cid
11 surgeries to date 5 on RT, 2 LR, TTT, VMO advancement & chrondroplasty with drilling and a few meinscal repairs
6 on LFT, LR, 2 VMO adv. & OCP with meinscal repairs

support