Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Post Operative Concerns  (Read 693 times)

Offline William

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Post Operative Concerns
« on: December 29, 2004, 08:06:53 PM »
Hello,
Around five weeks ago I had a Arthroscopy to repair a Torn Cartilege in my Right Knee.
For the first couple of weeks there did seem a improvement in my symptoms with less pain and less stiffness in the knee.
At first for my rehabilitation I did the straight leg raise exercise
about 10 times three times a day.
I then seen my Physiotherapist regarding the best exercises to
quicken up the process.
And he show me some strengthening exercises for improving the Quadriceps Muscle, and I have been doing these for around a week now.
My concern his that there is still some swelling of the knee which does not seem any better, also since I have been doing these new strengthening exercises, there has been a marked increase in pain, I realise that you should expect this at first.
According to the Orthopaedic Surgeon, Post Operative Programme I should be making a improvement by now, but to be honest I don't feel that much better.
Am I impatient? and should I just wait a while to see if the Strengthening Exercises and the time healing process do the trick.
Could anybody with a previous similar problem be able to give me some advice on this one.

Best Regards
William

shadehawk

Re: Post Operative Concerns
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 08:30:33 PM »
Hi can your PT give you ultrasound and acupuncture treatments, I found this really helped with my swelling problems and it helps control the pain after pt exercises.

Ask him about it, it might work for you also.

Good luck!

support