Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I don't know what to expect  (Read 970 times)

Offline kctacoma96

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
    • Gimpy's Knee Photos!
I don't know what to expect
« on: December 29, 2004, 06:52:08 AM »
I'm 20 years old, and in March of 2005 I’ll be going for my 6th knee surgery.  I've already had 3 on the right knee and 2 on the left.  The 6th (3rd on the left knee) they plan to do the TTT. Then once that heals, I’ll have the 7th surgery to have my right knee done.  I'm actually freaking out on this one.  I don't know what, me as a patient, should expect once i come out of the surgery... the Pain wise, the healing, what it feels like just a few days afterwards.  Did anyone use a wheelchair to get around, or just crutches?  I'm going to have the 6th done over my spring break and that gives me a week to lie around.  I would then start school again after that week. So will it be hard sitting at a desk for long periods of time?? Help lol?  Any words of others experiences, I’d greatly appreciate! ;D
dislocated rt. knee during soccer game in '99 had knee scoped, PT, next soccer game dislocated left knee in '00, PT, dislocated rt. knee while skating in '01 scoped again, Lateral Release in '03, LR in '04, TTT in '05 on Lf knee and TTT in '06 on Rt knee.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: I don't know what to expect
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 03:45:45 PM »
you should try posting this message down on the Patella Femoral board, there are lot's of people who have had TTT surgeries down there.  They might be able to give you some information on what to expect, etc.
I haven't had a TTT, only LR surgeries, but going to school after only one week, might be asking a bit much of yourself,  make sure you'll be able to keep your leg elevated because I would think sitting for long periods with that new  of a surgery and not elevating the leg would cause some major issues with inflammation. However I haven't had this procedure.. so I can't say for sure.
Check out the PF board, lot's of TTTers there

Goodluck
Linds
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 03:46:23 PM by Linds »
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?